my sat days may be short lived

Hi guys, my satallite days may be short lived, my gf recently moved into a new house with no cable or sky installed, I liked a bit of under the counter good honest hacking etc so thought id go down the satellite route, I bought a blade 5000s and a 60cm dish now I put the dish up on the rear wall of the house, same as the houses around, however there are some large trees behind the house, well behind everyones really, adjusting the dish after following guides online the only signal I found was 13e this was pointing through some fairly dense trees, decided to get the dish alligned professionally today, when they arrived they took one look and said id not be able to get 28 due to the trees bearing in mind houses around have dishes and the trees arent as dense as where I picked up 13e, my gf said the knew straight away what I intended to use the box for etc, they didnt even try to find a signal etc. So a few things on my mind, 1, can I really not get a signal because of the tree, although other people can (even across the road where the dish points to a house closer than the trees are to our dish etc) 2, did they just not want to get involved etc, 3, is there anyone near newcastle who could advise me, ill gladly pay for their time and stick the kettle on if they could say yay or nay etc.

Sorry for the long winded post

Phil

There is every chance they were correct, it is only a small margin between blocked or not. Did they know what you were up to?, who knows, but I had a guy here who does official SKY installs, and he had no problem setting up the dish, he was more worried about the few quid I was giving him than whether i was going to use freeview or skybox, etc.

some phones one can download an app to check your arc and position of sats.

HTML:
https://www.google.ie/search?q=satellite+locator+app&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb&gws_rd=cr&ei=JmthU9rUI4Kp0QXy-4DQDQ

Ah bugger, hopefully thats not the case but we will see, just annoying if people next door can get stuff pointing towards the same trees, hey ho I'll keep trying, are there any other sats that I could try although im aware clines will be out of the question etc

Thanks cactikid, i did download a few apps on our tablet to see, and they were alright

Last edited:
ask if you can connect your sky cable to next doors dish if they got enough outputs i did had same problem trees

Back