My Turn For a Moan

liamt

TK Veteran
So I am not best pleased today. For those who live in the Merseyside - or any area that charges people a toll for using the road, the road we pay tax to drive and park on, and most of the time the toll area of the road is payed for by us tax payers.

how can these councils have a cheek to put a toll on a road in the first place? right so their is a bridge down the M62 from me, its called the Runcorn bridge. This has been shut for well over 12 months and a couple of miles down the road their is a new bridge called the Mersey Gateway Bridge. their was no need for this bridge and it was and is a money making scam by the local councils. now this is not a normal toll road as it doesn't have any toll booths on it or near it. this is the sneaky way they get you, once crossed you have until 12am the following day to pay them the sum of £2, normally you will cross twice (their and back) so its £4 and if you forget to pay it as lets face it its easily done, they charge you a £20 fine PLUS £2 fee per crossing so its normally £44. they get your registration with ANPR cameras and send the bill to the address where the vehicle is registered. SLIME BALLS

Now down the road their is the other bridge I mentioned called the Runcorn bridge that's free. so why not use that I hear you ask? ITS CLOSED. Yep, maintenance work apparently. once this original bridge opens back up its also going to be a toll bridge. why do they do this? because they can that's why.

This rant isn't even about this its about the Mersey tunnel. now that's £1.80 per crossing so £3.60 return. This has toll booths so you can pay cash and not be hit with sneaky bills. I'm going to be working over their for the next couple of weeks at £3.60 a day that's £36. That's not on. if you live in the local area (Liverpool or 'the other side') you qualify for a concession 80p off per crossing so only £1 to cross that would only work out at £20 for 2 weeks and save me £16. but to get this you have to get what's called a 'fast pass' I have just signed up for a fast pass but guess what. I'm not qualified for the reduced fee because its for business purposes. what a joke that is. cant even sign up on a personal account because my van is in the business' name on the log books.

Mabie they are just getting me back for all them fake weekly bus passes I used to make and sell in school back in the day.

Yeah just put some random plates off another car in the scottish isles lol and let ANPR work that one out ffs :ROFLMAO: sorry ive been watching too many Transporter movies but i hear your pain and the motorist has to bend over again and get well and truly shafted :rage:

Local councils do all this ect charge us but yet have money to build new homes ect for migrants no offence to anyone but every council is a fekkin joke like my local council bought a plot of land for £1 and going to build 500 council homes on it and all comes out of our pockets no1 should be sort the roads out for motorists no2 should be housing for young families ect 3 stop cutting the disabled factors ect ect sorry @liamt thats my little rant now to try and get Bob the builder fekkin working for kids lmao

Back