nagravision 3 change over

spike24

hi guys can anyone please advise me on this nagra3,i have read numerous posts about it going to change from 2to3 and that boxes will not work on 3 untill there is an update,i live in the uk and was wondering if this change is going to happen here and what difference will it make to my sv4 box and will i also be unable to use my box thank you.

They are in the process of rolling it out here in ireland spike it is at the nagra 2 stage at the moment,i wouldnt worry for a while if i were you.

thanks moh how long do u think it will be before they change over here and do u think it will be easy to get an update,pretty new to this and noelyf helped me out greatly in doing my box to begin with again thanks for replie

its unknown how long it will fully take to role out completly in eire ,they say by the end of the year, so we would be guessing how long before it will take to reach uk but it will be sometime yet

support for starview 4 was slower than usual the last time whereas kryptview was almost instant and when it comes to talking about nag3 being hacked nobady can tell you for sure about that situation, unless of course they are actually working on the hack themselves but after alot of reading about it myself, people are being very quiet about it.

we are also told that when nag3 is fully operational, we can toss our beloved starviews/kryptviews in the bin :)

oh right thaat doesnt sound to good for uss then,was alsothinking of ggetting a eurovox 5100pvr later in the year to replace my sky+hd box what do u think of them thanks

thanks moh how long do u think it will be before they change over here and do u think it will be easy to get an update,pretty new to this and noelyf helped me out greatly in doing my box to begin with again thanks for replie

As axxxo & moh said spike, no one knows how long before they move fully from nagra2 to nagra 3 in Ireland.

As for the uk, it may never happen spike. If it does it will be a long way away.

I wouldnt worry too much about it spike, enjoy what you have mate (y)

well if you are on sky subscription the euro hd box wont receive those channels im afraid, havent ever used that box myself though, nice looking though!

thanks noelyf just checking on the nagra thing as you read so many different things,oh axxxo i have ntl broadband as well so it will work through that cheers

Last edited:
its meant to be iptv but as far as iv read its not that secure at the moment, so don`t discount the nagra route just yet.

yep virgin have more or less decided to go iptv over nag3 cos its
cheaper than payin nagravision but they will wait until its secure,
that could be a while tho (y) no panic in the uk for a while :)

ok nothing to worry about yet then,cause my friend brought a sv4 and the guy told him dont get any more yet cause they wont work when they change over so he didnt get another one cause he took it that it would be soon.

estemated cost to change every old box and change every card in the uk runs into tens of millons, lets hope they have short arns with deep pockets.

It's looking like a while yet before UK is doing anything so I'm fully in agreement with noely here and saying enjoy what you have and don't fret about something thats not happening in the forseeable future yet. (y)

hi i live in ireland have a dbox got the new fix for it then last monday ntl started to use nag 3 lost sports and movies so far so i,d say your next till a fix comes along

Back