Need advice on which BuzzTv to choose from!

Hi all!

The more I read, the more I'm confused :)

Situation: I have for about 3 years a Formuler z8 that seems to show bit of failure. I'm not really able to find out where it comes from but the box has a part of responsibility for sure! Anyway, I'd like to give a shot to buzztv products. Difficult to find reliable inputs or clear answer to my interrogations, so here they are.

The only use for the box will be iptv (m3u / portal), sometimes to play video stored on external HDD. That's all: no game, no web surfing, no whatesoever! I need to be able to record and have catchup abilities.
I plan to use the "onboard" app (buzztv 5) but want to be able to use external player like tivimate for ex (don't want to get stuck if buzztv 5 fails like MOL did on my z8!).

My main consideration is STABILITY: I bought formuler z11 and sent it back because I won't spend $CAD 260 to be a beta tester! May be it will becomes nice in a year but this is now I want to use it.

So, knowing usages I plan, could you answer me which model to buy? I was thinking of:

The Classic (4 Go/ 64 Go)
Essentials E2 Max ( 4 Go / 128 Go)
E5 (2Go / 32 Go)

I wrote them down in order of "preference" but open to something else. That's what I would like inputs on ;). However, no very willing to spend more than CAD$ 200 / 120 £.

BuzzTv 5 app seems to be pretty attractive and similar to some extent to MOL.

My main concern with 5 serie is reliability! Bugs, freeze, and so on have tendency to stop me going that way!

I cannot find reliable source to know how stable this is and an honest description of situation! On the other side, the improvement with 5 is attractive and Android 11 vs 9 may give an open door for future app or so (not sure about that but logicial).

So, what are your advices? Please if you could explain why you suggest one thing over another, it would help me ;)

Fred

Last edited:
Hi all!

The more I read, the more I'm confused :)

Situation: I have for about 3 years a Formuler z8 that seems to show bit of failure. I'm not really able to find out where it comes from but the box has a part of responsibility for sure! Anyway, I'd like to give a shot to buzztv products. Difficult to find reliable inputs or clear answer to my interrogations, so here they are.

The only use for the box will be iptv (m3u / portal), sometimes to play video stored on external HDD. That's all: no game, no web surfing, no whatesoever! I need to be able to record and have catchup abilities.
I plan to use the "onboard" app (buzztv 5) but want to be able to use external player like tivimate for ex (don't want to get stuck if buzztv 5 fails like MOL did on my z8!).

My main consideration is STABILITY: I bought formuler z11 and sent it back because I won't spend $CAD 260 to be a beta tester! May be it will becomes nice in a year but this is now I want to use it.

So, knowing usages I plan, could you answer me which model to buy? I was thinking of:

The Classic (4 Go/ 64 Go)
Essentials E2 Max ( 4 Go / 128 Go)
E5 (2Go / 32 Go)

I wrote them down in order of "preference" but open to something else. That's what I would like inputs on ;). However, no very willing to spend more than CAD$ 200 / 120 £.

BuzzTv 5 app seems to be pretty attractive and similar to some extent to MOL.

My main concern with 5 serie is reliability! Bugs, freeze, and so on have tendency to stop me going that way!

I cannot find reliable source to know how stable this is and an honest description of situation! On the other side, the improvement with 5 is attractive and Android 11 vs 9 may give an open door for future app or so (not sure about that but logicial).

So, what are your advices? Please if you could explain why you suggest one thing over another, it would help me ;)

Fred
The classic has the best CPU out of the ones you listed.

Back