Need help choosing right Zgemma box

Hi,

So currently I am using 2 openbox v5s in the house.
I'm looking to add a 3rd box and started looking into some better boxes - found out about the zgemma h.2s so interested in getting 3 of these.
My problem is that the h.2s is dual tuner whereas my openbox are single tuner.
I know I will need to purchase an 8-way LNB for this box to work but does this mean I need to replace my current coax cables? They are single cables going into each openbox.
What's the process of upgrading single tuner boxes to dual tuner?
Another thing is that I don't record channels and won't be using the dual tuner functionality most likely.
Will the zgemma H1 be better for me? How does it compare in terms of line connection, EPG, sky channels / the limited number of HD channels, and auto channel updates?

Thanks.

you don't need to replace any coax cables as they work fine. In terms of difference to the boxes, Zgemma are enigma 2 boxes, therefore more work to get up and running, but lots more you can do with the box.
Doesn't run any better than the openbox, you get the same channels, so in the end you will need a 3 line multi, for your 3 single tuners to function.
Hope this helps!

you don't need to replace any coax cables as they work fine. In terms of difference to the boxes, Zgemma are enigma 2 boxes, therefore more work to get up and running, but lots more you can do with the box.
Doesn't run any better than the openbox, you get the same channels, so in the end you will need a 3 line multi, for your 3 single tuners to function.
Hope this helps!

Hi garyth, thanks for your reply. Helps a lot!

I've seen people saying that you need two coax cables going into the box, and there's a few youtube guides for setting up the box that have two connect.

I presume for now a single coax will be fine for what I need but in the future if I need to use the recording / 7-day EPG, I'd need one of those shotgun coax cables to feed both tuners?

You could get the zgemma h s which is a single tuner, as you have no interest in recording that would probably be your best bet as you could just use your current cables from the dish, you would still get the same functions as the h2s ( 7 day epg and recording) but wouldn't be able to record one channel whilst watching another.
To set up a dual tuner you would need to run a second cable to each box to record one channel and watch another, you could still get the h2s just in case you decide to use it as a dual tuner in the future, just disable tuner b and the box would function as a single tuner for what you want now.

Hi I have just purchased a Zgemma box and its great. its not running the skyskin though, could someone point my in the right direction to download it.
Thanks

You could get the zgemma h s which is a single tuner, as you have no interest in recording that would probably be your best bet as you could just use your current cables from the dish, you would still get the same functions as the h2s ( 7 day epg and recording) but wouldn't be able to record one channel whilst watching another.
To set up a dual tuner you would need to run a second cable to each box to record one channel and watch another, you could still get the h2s just in case you decide to use it as a dual tuner in the future, just disable tuner b and the box would function as a single tuner for what you want now.

This helps a tonne. Answered pretty much everything I had on my mind. Thanks No1gooner!

H2S will be my zgemma box choice for future-proof reasons. Now to decide whether I go for Vu+ Solo2 or this! Any advice?

As sucmnsee said buy what your budget allows the h2s is a great box for the price you really can't go wrong but if you can afford to go down the VU route then out of the 2 I would go VU. Also if you do decide to use your boxes as dual tuners, as well as the extra three cables you would need to run don't forget that you would also need to upgrade the lnb to an octo as you would need 6 ports to run all three boxes.

Last edited:
I do apologise. I have only been on this site for a few hours, still getting to grips with how it works correctly. thanks any way.

As sucmnsee said buy what your budget allows the h2s is a great box for the price you really can't go wrong but if you can afford to go down the VU route then out of the 2 I would go VU. Also if you do decide to use your boxes as dual tuners, as well as the extra three cables you would need to run don't forget that you would also need to upgrade the lnb to an octo as you would need 6 ports to run all three boxes.

Yep, just what I was thinking but needed someone to confirm this. Thanks for your help No1gooner and sucmnsee.

Back