MINI Network problems Edison OS mini plus

Hrodebert

Hello, Ive got a Edison OS mini plus that just wont work with network connections. It make little drops so picture freeze. On wired connection its even more troubles.

The stream work when run on laptop.
Ive changed router since old one kept running out of memory. This didnt change anything.
Ive reflashed the box a couple of times with no change. Im running OpenVix, latest release.

Any ideas?
Could it be worth trying another firmware than openvix, and in that case, which?

On wired network connection its totally unwatchable its just freeze-freeze-freeze. On wi-fi it runs better but still got some hiccups.

Not at the moment, as that work even worse than wi-fi. Ive even tired to connect straight to incoming wan connection, but it still wont work. I suspect theres either driver problems with the lan interface, or a faulty interface. On wi-fi it sort of work, but still freeze the picture on and off.

Fixed IP didnt help, wired connection is totally unwatchable. I really dont get this.. in theory the wired connection should be
better.
Ive searched the internet, but I cant find anyone else having issues with this type of box...

Actually... i noticed right now that the box feel sluggish, doesnt instantly react to commands from the remote control.

Sluggish is not right as i would reflash and setup from scratch with no backups restored so your starting with a clean slate,have lines and cfg saved before reflashing box and use a fresh downloaded file.Make sure box matches image.

Ive already done that. The box has had these spikes of sluggishness since it was new. The vix logo comes up in corner, but dont spin or spin laggy. Its like theres not enuff memory or cpu-power. Is this a know issue, or do I have a wonky box? I have however not tired with other firmware than openvix..

Did you buy the box new and should have 2 year cover,no harm to send them an email if box is sluggish.They will ask you to try another image even a previous version setup from scratch to see if its image related .
Forgot to ask if using a CWS line and faulty cfg file?

At the moment I only run IPTV, lnb died other week, and I havent had time to replace it.
So with this last reset i installed the box clean with latest openvix and no cfg file.
It will be a close call on two years, Ill have to see if I can find when I bought it. We havent really used iptv that much while lnb was still working

At the moment yes, but the basic problem is a network connection issue. The same problems happens if you try to decode a sat stream, it drops connection to the server on and off. Also, the iptv stream run fine on laptop connected to the same network.
There is also the odd thing that wired network wont work, while wifi somewhat does. Thats why I think the problem is with the box.

I do know even the odd good sat boxes could have a network port issue.
Hmm faulty usb stick unsure but you could try removing it while box is powered off and see if sluggish afterwards.
What plugins are loaded to box i wonder.

To be clear... the box isnt permanantly sluggish, it comes in spikes with it running fine inbetween. Usb stick was a good idea, Ill try that. Loaded extensions are:
autotimer 5.3, btdevicemanager 5.3, e2m3ubouquet 0.8.2, epgimport 2.3, epgrefresh 5.3, epgsearch 5.3, heinz 6.2.1h, imdb 5.3, mediascanner 5.3, openwebif 1.3.5, pictureplayer 5.3.

Just an idea if you have the full m3u with username password url then download smarters on your phone and login to smarters on WiFi see if it still same that could help see if a box issue or connection issue

I havent got it, but can ask for it. Supplier send me a script I run on box to set it up. I have tested once before, when I ran it on laptop then the stream ran flawless. Ill test again just to be sure...

Back