New Android Box Audio Help

Hi, believe this is the right area of the forum to post this thread...

I've recently bought a new android box and have been having intermittent issues with the audio coming through.

Android Box - T9, running Android 8.1
TV - Sony Bravia

Issue - I set up this new T9 box today and to start off with there was no audio coming from the box itself however the picture was working fine. I realised that this was happening from all apps on the android box - youtube, perfect player, showbox etc. therefore it's not an individual app issue.

I've gone through numerous settings on the android box itself as well as on my Sony TV, ensuring that the input/output is correct. I've also changed the HDMI cable which hasn't made a difference, as well as ensuring the volume is actually turned up on the android box and TV itself.

One way I have got the audio working is by either disconnecting & then re-connecting the HDMI (either from the TV or the android box end) or from the TV remote clicking on another HDMI source which isn't in use and then clicking back to the HDMI source for this android box. This gets the sound working however annoyingly only for a short while, it seems quite intermittent into when it stops working - I think if I keep it on the same channel (IPTV) it'll carry on working however after I change the channel a few times, the audio will stop working, or if I change the app (e.g. IPTV to Youtube or vice-versa the audio will stop working). Each time I have to disconnect/re-connect the HDMI or choose a different HDMI source before choosing that one again to get it working again.

Can't seem to understand if it's an issue with the TV or android box. Also this is a new android box which I'm only installing today so haven't had it properly working before however I have had an android box previous which has worked without any issues.

Any suggestions/help will be appreciated.

Have you got any other device with a HDMI output to check whether that has the same audio issue or not,then you can eliminate the TV or the HDMI cable

I've just tried another android box and with my laptop - audio seems to be working on both, which now narrows it down to the new android box...

Back