New box setup

Irenec

Hi, I'm going to set up a new box for my Nephew. I've made a complete backup of my box minus my servers, I know I can't access his line with my ip address, my question is can I set up this new box at my house if I leave it on fta channels and would I be able to access the box with Filezilla without using his line ? Sorry for the long winded post.
Thanks

Irene, if you have your nephews line handy, just set the box as you would do and take it around to his house. The box will work as normal, you'll only have one ip assigned to it and by the time you take it to the nephews you'll need to restart the cams anyway

Like garyth says, when you've set up his box at yours, bang his line in quickly, check Sly Sports is on and then turn it off. That's what I do when I'm setting up boxes for people. Saves the hassle of sorting out FTP round their house.

Thanks both of you, so once I've checked that Sports is working can I just work with the box in fta channels with no problems, don't want him getting into bother, and can I go onto filezilla to save his line to usb for him.

Thanks

Once the line is in, its in. So although you are watching FTA the box is connected to the internet as such. As above enter the line, check premium channels are clearing, then unplug the box.
Once you take the box to the nephew it will be fine...hope this helps

The box is coming with the line already in there so can I ftp the line out, put my settings in then put the line back in again, sorry for being a bit dense !!

These are the instructions the guy sent for when the box arrives

When powered on do the following:BlueSoftcam Softcam panel Green

Does this mean the line isn't active until he does this ?
Thanks

Ah right, so you've bought plug and play. The seller is basically giving you a guide of how to connect the line, when you press green it will restart the cam and your box is then connected to the provider. Might be worth while setting it up anyway and checking the quality of his service. Don't want to sound too negative but you could end up with a poor connection with freezing/glitching so best for you to trial it. Should it be the case that the gift/line is poor you can then contact the provider and ask why its a poor service. Hopefully its not the case but unfortunately going by experience, there are many who end up on here because they've bought plug and play

Thanks but I got a box of the same group about 5 months ago with line included and it's worked like a charm ever since so I think it should be fine
Thanks for the warning anyway it's always good to know the pitfalls

I heard a few stories about "groups " selling boxes with a few good reports.
It's fleabay that everyone needs to steer clear of. ;-)

Yeah, I don't know anything about other groups but these guys seem really good so far :) I got recommended to them from a friend before I found this forum.

Back