New E10 fuel

They will get you everyway insurance on cycles will be next
Should also have stricter legal requirements like minimum tyre tread depth, yearly service to make sure breaks are working chains oiled, plus the fact they should have something to identify each bike, if there going to start using the roads more they should have something identical to registration plates

With these new Highway code rules they should have insurance.

Very least medical insurance because if a anyone on a push bike scrapes down the side of my car they will need it.
Agree, and what about the vehicles without insurance, MOT, tax as well?

I'd get it checked out that's ridiculous mpg for that car.

I heard this so last week switched to E5. This week my MPG has actually got worse. I was getting about 39mpg doing the same route on E10, this week with E5 it's dropped to 34mpg.
Does it take a while for the ECU to learn, if so I'll fill up with E5 again.

I hear the E10 fuel wears your engine out faster too. Anyone know if that's right?
Not heard any horror stories on severe engine damage yet but may be too early to tell yet.
Most of the fuel experts are saying that during winter months it absorbs a lot more moisture than the regular grade, so vehicles with old metal type in line filters may suffer from corrosion if the fuel is left standing for long periods of time etc.
I suppose its just a waiting game now to see what the long term effects are engines and components.

its not good for us classic car guys, loaded with water, rots metal fuel tanks in mine, my fuel lines are R9 rubber but it still attacks them, had to change them for this year only 2 years old and that was from intermittent use of E5! use super/ premium as much as i can but gets expensive at 22-25 MPG :smiley:,cant be to safe with fuel delivery . i use fuel stabiliser in my tanks/fuel over winter as a precaution as well

Back