New Firestick Wont Update

Hi,

I have a brand new firestick and during first set up it wont update? I had no problem setting up my other firestick but this one is saying unable to update.

Any idea what I can do?

Regards
Vinny

Just asked Google!! It says hold down right+ and the go back button for 10 seconds and it should invoke a factory reset, unsure whether it will do it when trying to connect!! The other answer was factory reset your router and keep rebooting!! till it updates as apparently other users have had that problem.
Worth a try!!

How do I de-register a firestick that isnt mine ? I think the original owner is the only one who can de-register ...unless I'm wrong?

Cheers

Go to account on firestick and click de register but if you've bought it they will have already updated it when they bought it and just removed their account details off it so may have already had a previous update done

Has the person you bought it off had it running is it connected to Internet completely power firestick off try reboot of router wait till router fully powered back up then connect firestick are you powering firestick from socket or USB port on tv

I just wonder if the macs been blocked by Amazon for some reason

id say you are right.

i had one go missing in transit and they sent a replacement out .

the original order appeared a week later from one of my neighbours who forgot about it.

had the same issue as the op.

scrapper :(

Back