new firmware 27/3/13 skybox f3/m3/f5

sb18180

new firmware out for skybox f3/m3/f5.

Instruction for 130327079B Version:
1.Youtube play update.
2.Upgrade network app by usb. (weather.app)
3.When play Invalid program, show "Invalid program" instead of "Scrambled".
4.Fixed satellite list view bug.
Software for skybox F3/F5/M3 (without VFD) :

SKYBOX_F3_M3_F5_3601HD_CMT_130327079B - Downloads - TechKings

DONT FORGET TO BACKUP IMPORTANT INFORMATION BEFORE UPGRADING!!

Last edited by a moderator:
What WAS the satellite view bug? Still no fix for the USALs bug though that prevents the F3 driving further than 60° East or West of local south.

Is this a recommended update? I have my F3 working currently, is this update going to make things better. if I need it, does anyone have a Tutorial/instructions on how to install it?

hi guys, I have an F4 and I have the same question as Wheelo and also, will this fix the comedy central channels that are missing since the other day on me?? thanks, john

No the comedy central channels have just moved frequency, so try a new scan and see if that helps

hi guys,
im new to this skybox stuff and just wanted to know if its important to upgrade to this firmware or can we still carry on using the one we got?
thanks in advance

---------- Post Merged at 11:59 PM ----------

also does anyone know of the differences with this new firmware?

yeah I deleted all the channels before a new search and sure enough they came back ok.....but I have the AJ channel list and when I reloaded it I found that they were on a different frequency. so I know now that channel list needs to be updated, thanks for the response, john.

seems alot of channels are beeing moved around which will be ongoing for a bit yet.you will just have to be patient for a while

PMSL yeah probably :grin: So just to make sure I don't, its remove the power lead 50% through burning the firmware right ? lol

i usually wait for 75% flash then power off its far more exciting watching them numbers going round on the front of the box than watching boring sly via my $2 a year frostie cline with more hops than a frog in breeding season. de-icer is good if your box starts to freeze lol

Last edited:
Plugged my Ariel into loop put my 2 dollar Cline and upgraded firm ware to 50% and deleted channel list and all working great now lol

Back