villa2010

Hi my son had a new gaming pc for Xmas. (Basic) I’ve upgraded the memory and now he wanted a new graphics. I Will list his spec at the end. I bought a GTX1060 6G. His pc didn’t have a pic graphics card just internal. I’ve made sure it’s plugged in correctly and the 8pin power lead is connected. The 2 fans are spinning round when pc is powered up but it’s not picking it up. When I plug the hdmi lead into the graphics card I just get a blank screen.
I’ve added photo of his spec

Attachments

• 6E1DE610-080D-46C5-965F-9818CEBAED86.jpeg
    6E1DE610-080D-46C5-965F-9818CEBAED86.jpeg
    5.3 MB · Views: 5
Have you checked the drivers for it. Go to nvidias website and download the latest graphics, also have you checked its compatible with the motherboard

Have you checked the drivers for it. Go to nvidias website and download the latest graphics, also have you checked its compatible with the motherboard
Hi thanks for reply. It’s defo compatible. Would I need to download the drivers to make windows find it.

Not new components, sometimes takes a bios update too. Download the nvidia drivers, restart then go into device manager and check the display adapters and see if it is there

Not new components, sometimes takes a bios update too. Download the nvidia drivers, restart then go into device manager and check the display adapters and see if it is there
I’ve took the drivers off the disc with my laptop and put driver on stick. Then used that on his pc. But when it searches it comes up not compatible with my windows 10. Confused.com

I’ve took the drivers off the disc with my laptop and put driver on stick. Then used that on his pc. But when it searches it comes up not compatible with my windows 10. Confused.com
But I no the motherboard can take the graphics card 100%. I checked b4 I bought it

Have you checked your power supply unit (psu) If you bought a basic computer with internal graphics then psu will not be big enough to power your new card. IMO
You need a mininum of 450w psu to run it. 550w for abit of headroom.

Back