New H.2S starter

Hi there everyone, I have just ordered a h.2s box and just wanted a bit of advice on a couple of things to start me off.

What firmware should I go for, openvix or atv?I don't know what the differences are between these.

Would I be ok using kiddacs setup guide to get it up and running?

Am I correct in getting a usb stick (8gb) for flashing and an external hd drive (500gb or more) for the epg and recording?

Also can anyone recommend a good quality gift provider, I have seen a few on eBay.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Many thanks

The difference is OpenVix is a patched image which means you cant manually update any new packages for the image in case you brick it, OpenATV is officially supported which means you can safely download software updates without fear of bricking the receiver.

As your using the H.2S get a powered external USB hard drive to save putting any excess strain on the receivers PSU, Correct use the HDD for EPG and Recording and use the USB drive for the Picons

OpenVix or OpenAtv is your choice, not a lot between them from what I've been reading but Vix seams to be popular (I use Vix myself)
DO NOT buy a gift/line from fleabay as so many have issues with lines stopping before they should or poor service with little or no support, TechKings have a section for requesting lines just be sure to read the rules regarding requests before you post

Thank you for your replies, I bought my receiver from the zgemma website. Will it come with any pre paid line, or do I need to sort something out?

Thank you for your replies, I bought my receiver from the zgemma website. Will it come with any pre paid line, or do I need to sort something out?

Thanks for the order

Note: We supply these receivers strictly as FTA only. We will not provide them with any patches pre-loaded and we can not help with any support for this. We provide support for the actual ZGEMMA hardware and for FTA reception only.

Back