Satellite New H7s streaming 6 channels (slightly confused)

confuzed

Hi all!

I'm new to the satellite party and after reading tons of forums recently purchased a H7s +c (2 x sat + 1 x c).

My understanding was that If I want to record one sat channel whilst watching another I needed 2 sat tuners, that makes sense to me, and it works fine - so far so good.

I'm now playing with the web interface with a view to streaming over the internet whilst I'm away from home, got that working using VLC as the client, no problem.
Decided to find out what would happen if stream two different channels then try to stream a third sat channel e.g. I expected it would just fail or switch one of the existing streams.

Well, I am able to stream 6 different satellite channels to my PC at the same time!
How is this possible when the zgemma only has 2 sat receivers fitted??

Apologies if this is common knowledge but I can't find any official documentation to answer this.

BTW - I'm not complaining - just trying to understand the box :-)

TIA

Last edited:
BTW ,
If you want to stream whilst away from your home network, you will need a few other options,
A static IP address, or other method of accessing your home network IP
Open ports on your router, and a router that permits this - a possible security risk without other measures in place
Good BB speed and capacity both on your home network and the remote access point
That's just for a start.

Thanks for that Willo, I am aware about the multiple channels thing but if I record two different channels the box will refuse to let me watch (on the HDMI output) any channel other than the ones being recorded - giving the error "no tuners available" message, regardless of which channel I choose, I expect it to work like this so no issue. But it will happily stream some different channels.
Anyway - it's working great on 19.2e and picks up F1 on RTL so I'm happy.

BTW ,
If you want to stream whilst away from your home network, you will need a few other options,
Open ports on your router, and a router that permits this - a possible security risk without other measures in place
Good BB speed and capacity both on your home network and the remote access point
That's just for a start.
Thanks steptoe, I have tested port forwarding (BT Homehub) to the zgemma and used Dynamic DNS and that works OK but I'm not yet 100% confident about how secure it is yet. As a test I setup a VPN service on my Synology diskstation So I could connect to the home network remotely and although it worked the performance wasn't good enough for streaming.

Work in progress :-)

As a minimum, I would recommend having your port forwarding locked to a Mac address, although Mac can be spoofed, imo it's the first (easiest) method of securing your ports, I'd also want to add additional layers too of course.

BTW ,
That's just for a start.
Good morning I have zgemma h7c I have tired dmz and port forwarding on the superhub 3 can't get it to work error message comes up forbidden 403 when I type in the ip adresss once set up don't connect want to steam it on a mobile device when iam out and about

also if you streaming to vlc,
turn on deinterlace and set it to deinterlace Yadif (x2) in the video options
you should get a better picture on pc and it will get rid of the little lines that show on hd chans (y)

Back