GrogBuild New Install - Zgemma H2S

Openboxcy

Hi all,

Hope everyone is well.

I'm looking to install a fresh build on my Zgemma H2S as at the moment it is running OpenATV 6.2 and WB Infinity and is starting to run a bit slower than normal. I had hoped to upgrade to a H7S but can't get a hold of one just now unless I pay silly money.

Anyway, if I install GrogBuild with OpenATV can I download XE plugins? I need these for my IPTV to run.

If anyone has any other smoother running build recommendations for this box until I can upgrade I am happy to listen.

Thanks in advance for your help. Cheers.

Hi all,

Hope everyone is well.

I'm looking to install a fresh build on my Zgemma H2S as at the moment it is running OpenATV 6.2 and WB Infinity and is starting to run a bit slower than normal. I had hoped to upgrade to a H7S but can't get a hold of one just now unless I pay silly money.

Anyway, if I install GrogBuild with OpenATV can I download XE plugins? I need these for my IPTV to run.

If anyone has any other smoother running build recommendations for this box until I can upgrade I am happy to listen.

Yes you can run XE plugins using Grogbuild image.
The box is past it now so it may not improve the performance but it won't hurt to try

Hi all,

Hope everyone is well.

The H2S will not play HVEC 265 streams which most providers now use just be aware a lot of channels may not play.

You should take a look at the Octagon SF8008 if your serious about upgrading.

Agree with all that has been said the H2H is just past it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses guys. I've been recommended a few boxes from an Octagon SF8008 which is meant to be decent, to an Amiko Viper.

I basically want to get a decent Enigma 2 box that I'm not going to need to replace for a few years so I can keep the Sly look and also have XE installed. I also want twin receivers so I can have Freesat channels as well as IPTV.

The Amiko Viper Twin can cope with IPTV and H265 and they are cheap. I set one up just after release but the CPU is of low power 1 gig and flash and ram size is only 512mb.

If your running IPTV and on a budget the SF8008 is a lot more useful, twin tuner version available can cope with all h265 1.6gig, gigabit lan, 1 gig ram, 8gig flash so you can multiboot images. Its in a whole new league compared to the Viper.

Then up a level again is the Mut@nt AX61 more ram than the Octagon at 2 gig, Internal HDD but no USB 3 or gigabit Lan. Another big advantage it has is a removable tuner its in a slot.

Thanks for the responses guys. I've been recommended a few boxes from an Octagon SF8008 which is meant to be decent, to an Amiko Viper.

I basically want to get a decent Enigma 2 box that I'm not going to need to replace for a few years so I can keep the Sly look and also have XE installed. I also want twin receivers so I can have Freesat channels as well as IPTV.
You don't need twin tuners for Freesat and IPTV.
IPTV doesn't use a tuner.
You need one satellite tuner

The Amiko Viper Twin can cope with IPTV and H265 and they are cheap. I set one up just after release but the CPU is of low power 1 gig and flash and ram size is only 512mb.

If your running IPTV and on a budget the SF8008 is a lot more useful, twin tuner version available can cope with all h265 1.6gig, gigabit lan, 1 gig ram, 8gig flash so you can multiboot images. Its in a whole new league compared to the Viper.

Then up a level again is the Mut@nt AX61 more ram than the Octagon at 2 gig, Internal HDD but no USB 3 or gigabit Lan. Another big advantage it has is a removable tuner its in a slot.
Not wanting to derail this thread but , I find the Mutant AX61 a strange upgrade from the HD51 , given , no usb3 and no gigabit lan ?
For me, who wants to use kodi on the box , if the 1gb ram on the 51 can handle it , I can't see the need to upgrade ? unless the ram on the 61 will enable a smoother kodi experience.

Im guessing he would like to record a channel and watch one at the same time.
Maybe but that's not what he said.
He implied that he needed two tuners for sat and IPTV.
FWIW I can't see the point in having two Freesat tuners, everything that is on Freesat is on IPTV - EG, record BBC1 on Freesat while watching BBC2 via IPTV

Thanks, the reason I was saying twin receivers was to allow me to record and also fast forward and rewind etc. Think from the information given the SF8008 is plenty for what I need, and at £109 is pretty cheap.

Thanks, the reason I was saying twin receivers was to allow me to record and also fast forward and rewind etc. Think from the information given the SF8008 is plenty for what I need, and at £109 is pretty cheap.
Best box by a mile for the price and will last you many years

I thought much re twin tuners.

You can not go far wrong with the Octagon. Id run JediMakerExtreme on it for IPTV unless there is a specific need for XE.

I upgraded couple years back from h2s to Zgemma h9twin and am happy with it
It’s twin tuner satellite box and runs IPTV without any major issues and use xe for connection to my provider

Just wondering, I like on the Zgemma remote how you can press the <prev and next> buttons to move from say Entertainment to Documentary categories in the EPG.

Also the CH Page up and down buttons let you skip up and down a full page of channels in any EPG category. Can you do similar on the SF8008 remote? Thanks

Just wondering, I like on the Zgemma remote how you can press the <prev and next> buttons to move from say Entertainment to Documentary categories in the EPG.

Also the CH Page up and down buttons let you skip up and down a full page of channels in any EPG category. Can you do similar on the SF8008 remote? Thanks
Yes you can

Yes in simple terms as it’s not the box that controls that it’s the image you put on which has all the features for epg ect

Back