New laptop strange thing going on.

Hi all i had problems with a dell inspiron 1764 sent it back to PC world then dell twice and a technician came to my home to try fix it but the problem always came back it would not power on even after they changed the motor Bord and what ever else it would work for two or three day then gone again,so dell said they would replace it and they did brand span-kin new inspiron 17R,i have it now six months the other day i downloaded RECUVA from file hippo,i done a scan for deleted pictures and up popped hundreds of pictures of people and events i don't no,like people at a wedding party people taking photos of themselves,people at the beach,Filipino's enjoying holidays and family holiday's.

DID DELL SEND ME A RECONDISIONED LAPTOP I WONDER.?????????:no no::no no::no no::no no:

More than likely reused hard drive/s id say.
You should call them and tell them you've been in contact with the people in the pictures and they aint happy about it. See what they say :)
There could be all sorts of personal info from those people on that computer, id be pretty miffed about it if it was me!

Yes that sounds very naughty indeed Paddy, more so for the people who used the hard drive previously.

get in contact with the press. They should have had a brand spanking new hard drive in the laptop

i got in contact with dell and they say theres no way this could happen.i actualy think it the program its self because it recovers all kinds a pictures like ones i have been viewing on face book and so on,ones that were never saved on my hardrive.(RECUVA)maby someone could try this one out to see how they find it.

I've tried downloading and using a portable version here from there site:

Code:
http://www.piriform.com/recuva/download/portable

I've scanned both my internal HDD's and i'm not finding anything suprising..

The files that I may have an interest in have a red icon towards the left and no previews are available. [When scanning for pictures]

Back