New member. Looking at H2S

haul_66

Hi all, Can anyone offer a little help please?
I have twin tuner p c setup for freesat channels.
Looking at the H2S box to hopefully get extra channels.
T V and computer in same room upstairs with TV downstairs ( 2 feeds to p c and 1 feed downstairs from sat dish.
1) Can I split sat feeds to pc and feed the H2S to view on both tv and pc upstairs?
2) If not what is best method to be able to watch all channels on either the tv or pc upstairs?
3) Humax sat box connected to downstairs tv with ethernet via home plug for I player, Is there a way to view all channels on there as well?

I realise this is a lot of info but would really appreciate any help offered before taking the plunge!!!

You can not split sat cables. You would need to run new cables from the LNB.

Best method to get all channels on your tv would be with a h2s and a good line.

Not used a humax box so cant help with that.

Hope this helps

PsychoArse

You can not split sat cables. You would need to run new cables from the LNB.

Best method to get all channels on your tv would be with a h2s and a good line.

Not used a humax box so cant help with that.

Hope this helps

Thanks for reply and info. Will connect sat cables to h2s and go from there.

Have done a lot of browsing on the forums ( which I probably should have done first ) my bad!!
looks like I can stream to pc from h2s hopefully.
A big thanks to all on forum who contribute a wealth of info for noobs like me.
Have ordered the h2s so should be having a play next week.
Thanks to all again, regards

Yeah you can't share the feed but on my H2S I've installed the Vu+ player android app so it streams to my tablet so I presume you may be able to stream to your PC.

You can stream to PC from the H2S. Using the built in web browser, VLC player and the m3u file the box will create. You can stream any channel even if it is not being watched at the same time due to the twin tuner.

These boxes are like magic!

Thanks for all the replies.
Wooshman, I will be flashing your image(if I may) once I get box (it looks the bees knees,lots of kudos to you). Will probably require a little help re- the streaming side when it,s up and running (hopefully).
One question please.
Can the epg etc be saved to a 32gb micro sd card formatted to ex 4 and recordings to external usb hhd under ntfs? So could leave sd card in slot!!
Regards to all
l

Thanks for all the replies.
Wooshman, I will be flashing your image(if I may) once I get box (it looks the bees knees,lots of kudos to you). Will probably require a little help re- the streaming side when it,s up and running (hopefully).
One question please.
Can the epg etc be saved to a 32gb micro sd card formatted to ex 4 and recordings to external usb hhd under ntfs? So could leave sd card in slot!!
Regards to all
l
I will be corrected if I am wrong (which is the good thing about this forum) but I believe you can with the sd card. Funnily enough, well it's not funny at all really, I am going to test out the EPG on SD card tonight so unless I haven't been corrected or some confirmed my waffle I will let you know for you.

BUT: you cannot record to a NTFS drive - it is that simple. That too needs to be initialised from the box. But you can see your HDD over your network so can drag and drop if you need to. You just cant simply plug it into your PC, but I think there is a solution to that too.

As for my image, knock yourself out, it is there for the taking.

Last edited:
Thanks for that. If hhd was formatted to ext 4 and used with Linux o s I would think it should mount ok and be seen in p c. Hope all goes well with sd config. Hopefully epg,
Swap file and time shift will work on there!! Look forward to results.

Thanks for that. If hhd was formatted to ext 4 and used with Linux o s I would think it should mount ok and be seen in p c. Hope all goes well with sd config. Hopefully epg,
Swap file and time shift will work on there!! Look forward to results.
Swap file and EPG work fine on the SD card.
But if you also set it to timeshift you will need a Fast SD card as its already being used for 2 things so the write speeds available will be far less so the timeshift may struggle.

Hi

I am looking to upgrade my skybox f5s. Would you recommend the zgemma?

I want twin tuner and be able to pause rewind record live tv

Thanks

Back