New Vix Apollo 165 zgemmastar 2s (H1) sucmnsee backup 12/04/2015

USB,s are like women Need a Shove:smoke rings:

---------- Post Merged at 10:37 PM ----------

I don't think it was loaded properly then because it still said boot maybe the software wasn't put on right in the first place. But wouldn't that get wiped off when I try and put my new image on?
Yes it will If you try what i posted it should work trouble is these boxes seem to have problem reading some usb,s

Sorry can someone confirm exactly where I should start tonight when I open my S2! :) I've 2 USBs. A 8gb FAT32 one I planned on putting in one of the slots for EPG, firmware etc is that right? And a 64gb one for recordings that I can't get formatted to FAT32 - it said 'ex' or 'int' something I think :) Is this right/ok?? Can I just use the bigger USB for everything once I know the right format???

I'm also still using my sky box(well the wife is!) so will only be putting one of the cables in. Put it in tuner A? Will this cause any issues with the backup image???

Sorry! I'm dreading tonight :)

Last edited:
Hi all, I can't see region settings for north Scotland(stv region). Any others Scots about???

---------- Post Merged at 08:45 PM ----------

Argh, also it found about a 1000 channels, then I ran crossepg which seemed fine, rebooted and says tune failed?! Help please!

I've only got one cable in lnb on I'm sure???

bangord I'm new to this aswell but does it say tuner failed straight after the boot up....a quick pop up icon appears and goes away saying tuner failed ? because when i installed the 165 version this happen to me at boot up..... if I waited a minute few seconds it would connect to server and I get channels ...

I'm using both sky and virgin setup H1 box , when I was setting up my new box I had to disable all the sky things so I had only virgin setup and epg stuff ... was very confusing !

, ps
I had a small problem on my new box setting upwith 165, I think i must of changed a menu setting and it made the writing in the epg all funny
I reflashed the box with a backup image I created

Do you have the cws lines installed bangord? mgcamd running .... press the blue button on remote and go to the softcams manager start and stop MGcamd. autostart,......sometimes stopping asnd starting MGcamd works when I'm having problems with no channels

you setting up for just virgin on zgemma H1 box?

forgot to say also I dont get the tuner failed with the older 153 image , maybe something to do with freesat ? as I noticed with 165 freesat was setup in the config and wasn't with 153.
also when I was scanning it failed scanning the at the freesat part of the scan so I just disabled the freesat settings and a complete scan worked .

Last edited:
Thanks guys. My line is working which is the main thing. Impressed myself but more impressed by Scums hard work!

I'll be honest and say I am posting to get to the downloads, but would like to say a big thanks to the guys who have uploaded the backup images, as it seems to take a lot of work out of the setup for newbies (if which I am one).

I will stick around but probably lurking...

hi i upgraded to 165 to see if i could get sky 1 to show but its still blank dose anyone have a solution also is openwebife instaled on this or how do i download it thanks.
i had to install openwebif in extentions

Last edited:
I'm about to flash my box. I have an external USB HDD, would I be able to use this as a permanent connection instead of a USB pen drive?

I have external hdd in back of mine,just take out USB pen after flash and put in hdd. Followed sucmnsee's instructions here..
If ur going to use hdd remove usb afyer flash and before booting insert hdd in rear.
initialise hdd
set 256mb swapfile to hdd
reboot and paths will set automatically.
EDIT ur line into the /usr/keys/newcamd.list. do not replace it. Only change the ******* bit. Leave rest of txt same.
reboot
Menu
setup
crossepg
download now
after that just change ur provider from uksd northern ireland to ur area.
Start scan. Not manual or automatic scan.
done.

Many thanks for the reply. I've already flashed the image and copied the CCcams.cfg file to var\keys, but on rebooting I only see a couple of s*y channels and when I select them I have a blank screen, any suggestions.

Thanks

"...Lots of Tweaks from my usual images to try and speed up and get more working..."

Thinking of flashing this 165 build over the weekend to replace the 153 build - there's a lot of comments on this thread but what are people finding better and more importantly quicker as is claimed?

I recall asking this same question earlier in thread but had a response of nothing much has changed only to just bring the build up to date etc.

although a little patience is required on boot, its worth waiting for I suppose - just intrigued if it actually is worth the flash to this 165 vix

Finally how can you put more than one line on these, say you got 3 or 4 lines?

Last edited:
Back