New Zgemma h.2s problems

foxyland

Apologies as I am a newbie!

i recently purchased a Zgemma H.2S from Zgemma-uk and loaded the new wooshbuild following instructions.
all worked fine for a few hours and then the remot fails to respond and the power button on the main box also stops responding and the box only shows black screen.

i have also had issues where The program is playing yet the remote does not respond. And I am unable to ping when this happ ns

any advice would be appreciated

phil

Hi Foxyland, welcome to Tech Kings

It instantly sounds like the remote, but then you mention you cannot ping when remote does not respond.

Please can you do an online flash (just like you did to flash Wooshbuild) but this time select the nightly build. Once downloaded you will be asked What you want to do next - choose number 1 which is Run wizard (use with nightly)

This will put your box back to how it was when you bought it. (You may still have a WooshBuild boot screen though)

Then use Kiddac's setup guide to start a fresh setup. This will certainly test your remote. - The link to Kiddac's guide is in my signature.

I will be here all night, so post back as often as you need to so we can figure out where the problem lies.

thanks for your response, I didn't have a chance last night to do anything, I failed to mention that when the box has issues I reset using the power button o the back and all seems ok for a while. should I try and re image with your build or go ahead with what you suggested

If you are using WooshBuild v3 you can flash online. Backup your settings first though.

I think from memory, you start from step 4.
Backup settings
Blue button -> Flash online / local-> Green Button -> WooshBuild v3.01 Final ->Green button to flash
Restore settings.

If you still have problems, download the nightly build the same way. If you still have problems I think you are looking at hardware more than anything. Network cable? Powerline adpaters if you are using them? Wireless dongle?

Just some thoughts.

I had simlier problem... Reboot still same prob... Few days in not a problem.. I felt I needed to give the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Started agin from scratch this morning with a new USB, (just in case) about 5 mins after I completed the box crashed and now I'll not turn back on.
just a red led on.

i have contacted zgemma and requested a replac meant unit Not the best experience so far but I'll stick with it.

Back