Newbie H2S intial setup problem - HTTP error 404?

Hi folks, can someone please help? I followed the woshbuild tutorial on here and had my USB stick with the Z gemma flash file from that tutorial on it. I then watched a video online in which the guy flashes it with just the USB in....ie no Ethernet and no satellite. I tried this. I did step one "wooshbuild easy setup" and did the create swap stuff to get another USB (not the one with Z Gemma flash stuff on it). To get that ready I followed instructions and swapped the USB (one with flash stuff) out from the back and put in the 32GB formatted empty USB into the back. After following instructions and activating the USB. I then moved onto step 2 "flash wooshbuild - Easily flash wooshbuild 4+".

Sadly this is when I hit problems and it came up with something like "download fail, HTTP error 404".

I then read that sometimes it doesn't like the USB drives, so I formatted a different USB, put the Z gemma flash stuff (downloaded from wooshbuild tutorial) on it. I then plugged in Ethernet and both Satellites and with new USB plugged into back and followed step 1 (taking out flashbuild USB and putting in 32GB one for recording), then onto step 2....However, exact same message again...."download fail, HTTP error 404"

Anybody any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

Ricky

I watched the same video in prep for my box coming and noticed that he didn't have Ethernet or satellite connected but then the box downloads from the net and displays picture. I think he just forgot to show these being plugged in because he also didnt even show it being connected to the TV. I would try again with Ethernet and satellite connected.

thanks guys, yeah I did try again with Satelite and Ethernet connected but still no joy when flashing with the new USB. I have turned the router off and changed the port it comes from the router but still no joy. Will continue to troll the forum/net for an answer. I cant say I'm surprised, these technical things never work out for me, so didn't really expect it all to go without a glitch. Hopefully its just that and I eventually get it going.

Not sure what's going wrong fella but what I do is I have the usb with the wooshbuild on and out that in the front, once this has booted and the build is on, I take the drive out the front and put the one I want to set up in the rear, then do the easy set up, ie initialising the drive and setting up a swap file, ( all is is in the easy build with the coloured keys for each part)
I also have all my cables connected as I need them, once my drive is ready impress blue button/ software manager/ flash online then select the flash You want and press green button (FLASH)
It will now start to download , once that's done, press ok and let it do it's thing.
This hopefully helps

R.T.F.I

Why are you watching a video when the guy who created the build has a step by step idiots guide on here that Stevie Wonder could follow it's that simple?
Follow the guide on here and you will be up and running in 15 minutes. 20 if you include a tea break..

all working now folks, I basically hadn't noticed on the screen there were two options to select before hitting the green button to flash. Before I was just hitting the green button without selecting anything so no wonder it came up with error 404. I read the tutorial on here and it said to select an option. Basically if I had followed the tutorial instead of a You tube video I would have got on better. Also, need to be sure you read the screens properly. Silly boy!!!

Basically if I had followed the tutorial instead of a You tube video I would have got on better. Also, need to be sure you read the screens properly. Silly boy!!!

That was kinda my point. If you read a guide, it tells you what to click on / buttons to press etc, but if you watch a video, sometimes you have to guess what button on the remote was pressed for example.
Always always always read a guide instead of watching a video in my opinion.
Glad its all sorted :hurray:

Back