Newbie, information required on dual boxes

Hey folks, I've finally got fed up paying hand over fist for my TV sub with murdoch & co, and after having ran out of "offers" from them to stay, and the price hikes, I've started to look at other solutions. Googling brought me here, and I've some Questions i would like answered if possible, whether by a reg in post reply or a PM i don't mind.

I need to set up 2 boxes, one in my sitting room, and one in my bedroom, i have narrowed it down to a ZGemma H2S as it seems to be the newest dual channel open source box available at the moment. But before i pull the trigger and pony up my cash, i want to know if i buy 2 boxes can i install one "gift" for both boxes, or do i need to buy 2 separate "gifts" one for each box. i also need to make sure the sitting room box is wit-fi enabled as the router is in the bedroom where i keep my gaming rig, and hackintosh. and i don't want to mess about with power line adaptors etc. Is there any way to add a hard drive to these boxes, either externally, via my home network, or as a last resort a large capacity flash drive. can you time shift, series link, and download from the likes of on demand stuff? information seems somewhat scattered regarding this type of thing.

I have a 4 line LMB fitted to my dish, and plan on using a VPN to cover my arse if possible. will a cline work ok with a VPN? and if it is not against forum rules, can anyone pm details of a decent cline provider that don't disappear after a couple of months. and that don't cause the box to lock up, freeze etc. i need it to be as reliable as it can be considering the circumstances. I would like the full UK package if possible (Sports, Cinema, Box Sets if possible?)

Please forgive my ignorance of this topic, I'm used to messing about with linux/unix, and getting things to work that aint meant to.. like hackintoshing bleeding edge hardware. so am a quick learner. But i need to make this as foolproof as possible as the living room box will be used by a technophobic pensioner. so less fiddling it needs after i set it up the better.

I hope someone can keep me pointed in the right direction regarding this. Thanks in Advance.

Read the setup guides on here wooshmans is a good place to start, with a gift you have to check with the supplier it's a multi room gift and they all come as the full package just not HD enjoy

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I've done exactly the same last week, I've had one zgemma h2s for a couple of months and got the 2nd one just last week.

I have one box in living room with a usb external hdd plugged into it for recordings etc, the second box is in the bedroom with a usb memory stick for epg and timeshift. The second box also uses the hdd on the first box using nfs for recording of shows, so whichever box is used for recording, the recording can be played back on either box.

I did try using wifi adaptor on one of the boxes but found it was exceptionally slow when the second box was accessing the hdd on the first box. I switched to using lan on both boxes by running a cat cable round the outside of the house and it works perfectly. If you're not sharing a hdd over the network then using wifi will work for everything else fine.

You will need to ask your line provider if you can use your line on two boxes at the same time (multiroom)

I am in the same boat and I am just waiting for my H2S box to arrive and I am going to flash with Wooshmans image.

I was going to connect the box with WIFI which would connect to my NAS for recordings and EPG but hearing that it may be really slow I might have to resort to homeplugs.

I am in the same boat and I am just waiting for my H2S box to arrive and I am going to flash with Wooshmans image.

I was going to connect the box with WIFI which would connect to my NAS for recordings and EPG but hearing that it may be really slow I might have to resort to homeplugs.
If you have a wifi dongle then try it first but I found when going to the recordings list it took a while for the list to come up and wohen I deleted a recording it was slow. I don't know how it would effect recordings as I didn't test that. It was slow enough to bug me but it might be OK for your needs.

Back