Newbie Q&A Gemma Star 2S

Kong

Hi everyone, will be purchasing one of these within the next 2week. Have little understanding of how to get setup so thought id tell you what i think i know and ask you some questions and hopefully get some feedback, feel free to correct me :)

* I must format a USB stick to FAT32 (Preferably 8GB+ and Kingston)......Is there a guide online or can i Google this?
** To view the NON FTA channels i need a 'line' either C or N. What are the differences ? Is there a preference ?
*** Download files from the zgemma website,1.jpg<<Could someone please explain what each of these are please.
I get i need either OpenATV or Vix in addition to CCam files and Mgcam files but i have no idea what they are, what they do etc.... i have read alot but you would not believe me, unfortunately alot of the jargon i do not yet understand but i will persist :)

Can you buy them already 'set-up' so to speak or can i actually do this with the help of TK...Im eager as a beaver but feel like a fish out of water
Is there a source on the board i can talk to about purchasing one ?

Any feedback etc highly appreciated

Kong

Im new here too and this is the main reason for joining. was interested in a openbox, then read about zgemma, so now even more confused and un-decided. I think this due to the fact i know very little about this whole area. Tried to download the dummies guide but it's in an application i cant open. as you can tell i'm not very good with all this technical stuff. eagerly waiting for reply so i can learn more

Last edited:
Iv done a bit more reading and have a better idea of what things are and how to go about things but still not totally clued up yet.... Ill post up a few links which i have found helpful..

mtpockets_zgemma2s_openatv42_20150623.zip - Downloads - TechKings

mtpockets basic installation guide for OpenATV ^^

ZgemmaStar 2s Vix Hades sucmnsee backup(h1,h2&s) - Downloads - TechKings

sucmnsee basic installation guide for VIX ^^

OpenATV + Vix are 2 different images that the openbox will use, it is this file which needs to be downloaded and formatted to FAT32 on a USB stick, Flash the box as the guide instructs with the USB.
nline from what i've read is more reliable/glitch free as its more tech savvy than clines ....anyone please correct me if im wrong.
I need to learn more about mgcamm and what it is along with filezilla and why they are used.

Hope this helps a little

Back