Newbie Query

smithjr

Hello All

I am new to this so sorry in advance!

I have been reading up on the Zgemma-Star H.2S and I think I have a basic understanding now however I have a few queries before I commit to purchasing.

1. Firstly would I be able to link this particular box up using a cable from my broadband (using a splitter) or is it strictly restricted to satellite only?

2. Also how do I go about 'flash' once I have the box; do I download the firmware here or would I be best purchasing a pre-installed USB drive?

3. Speaking of USB drives, I have read that upon initial installation I require two, which I understand however could the USB I keep in the box at all times be an external HDD which I could also use for my recordings?

4.Lastly I am not sure if this is the right place but could anybody recommend a safe/secure/reliable 'line/subscription'?

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Do you need a satellite dish, or a live VM cable in the house to get all the premium channels? - Yes. The H2s is only a satellite box, so you need a satellote dish connection.
2. You can buy the box flashed with the latest firmware from the site sponsor >> http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-h-2s/82511-buy-zgemma-h-2s-discounted-price.html
3. There is a need sometimes for flashing with a USB stick, you can keep it separately. you can use a large HDD or USB stick for keeping recordings on.
4. In the general satellite section, go to the sticky threads and fine the "Anyone recommend a sat server" thread

Seeemples

But if you want VM, you would buy the H2H which is a sat and cable tuner. One connection for each feed.

I don't know if there is a twin cable tuner in other boxes but not the Zgemma range yet as far as I know.

Hello

Thank you for the prompt response and feedback.

1. Do you need a satellite dish, or a live VM cable in the house to get all the premium channels? - Yes. The H2s is only a satellite box, so you need a satellote dish connection.

So does this mean I CAN use a live VM cable WITHOUT a satellite dish or have I misinterpreted this part?

Yes, but not with a H2s box, there are Zgemma Cable boxes, that do the same thing, but for cable TV. I think, but am not sure that it is the H2H.

Wooshman says above that the H2H is a dual tuner, but one is cable and one is Sat. you need a dual tuner Cable box, there are none in the Zgemma range (if woosh is to be believed above)
Your budget is going to be the decider on this one, I think, what are you willing to spend will lead you down the path to righteousness lol

Back