Newcastle United Supporters Thread

wot was Kinnear spouting yesterday about being offered the job sandie.
hope you had a nice relaxing holiday.

yes, its true, he was offered a two year deal.
He should have been there for pre-season but isnt well enough yet.
He said if the club is still without a manager in another 3 months, he will return then.
Shearer has now taken up the contract for a BBC TV pundit again.

Looks like we've got one of the chuckle brothers [Huyton] for the forseeable future.

Well, thats the first one out of the way.

Very shakey start against West Brom, a 1-1 draw was a fair result from two quite weak teams.

low light of the game was certainly the yellow on yellow striped shirts lol

Watched most of it on bbc earlier, and you`re right they are a weak team :(

Hopefully they`ll get better as the season goes on and are up there fighting for promotion (y)

nope the cherry on top is Ashley looks like he`s going to stay. you have my prayers if he does.

Good win today sandie (y)

Thanks Noely :)

Just got back from St. James', and for the first time in a long while, I can say that I enjoyed the game today.

First half was a bit of a tusstle but the better fitness of the Toon players and the higher skill level shone through in the second half. Reading were blown away really.

And a hat trick for Shola, with a couple of well taken goals and a penalty [he's still a poor footballer though and I would like to see him replaced].

Anyway, the initial signs are good (y)

He`s not the best player around, but hopefully the hat trick & the standing ovation will give him a boost ;)

Watching Newcastle's home victory on Saturday evening from the Milburn stand was defender Sol Campbell.

The 34 year-old free agent signed autographs for supporters and said that he was hopeful of securing a playing contract at the Magpies over the coming days.

Back