Next Door Neighbour's Internet Defaulting to Mine

I just went into my neighbour.
I checked his Firestick.
My Deco 4 was fourth on his network list and as you say the WiFi password is blank.
I turned off the WiFi on my Sky router last night as suggested but then had no service on my Deco 4.
I went by the instructions first day on the app and it said to connect the Deco 4 to my existing router.
I turned off enable WiFi on the Sky router but I then lost my Deco connection.
This step was mentioned above but I must have did something wrong.
But, I suppose it's no biggie as my devices are connected to my Deco 4.

I just went into my neighbour.
I checked his Firestick.
My Deco 4 was fourth on his network list and as you say the WiFi password is blank.
I turned off the WiFi on my Sky router last night as suggested but then had no service on my Deco 4.
I went by the instructions first day on the app and it said to connect the Deco 4 to my existing router.
I turned off enable WiFi on the Sky router but I then lost my Deco connection.
This step was mentioned above but I must have did something wrong.
But, I suppose it's no biggie as my devices are connected to my Deco 4.
put your sky router into modem mode. (sorry I don't know the sky router so can't tell you how)
connect one of the deco 4's to the router with ethernet cable
the other deco 4 units should then connect to the one that is connected to sky router via their own wifi channel.

The deco will now provide your wifi connection, make sure all your wifi devices now connect to the deco SSID rather than the sky router SSID

EDIT: on mine, I set the ssid and password on the deco to the same as what was on my original router, that way I didn't have to reconfigure every wifi device in the house.

EDIT: on mine, I set the ssid and password on the deco to the same as what was on my original router, that way I didn't have to reconfigure every wifi device in the house.
@Erinville will have to make sure the other routers WiFi is definitely off, else devices might connect to the old router.

As they said in Ghostbusters, " don't cross the streams " lol

Back