Nlinehelp pls

Spyke

OK, thought I could follow instructions but having trouble with this.
Just bought a new H2s and have it set up with ATV 5.1 and Kiddacs slyk1 skin .. all great up to trying to install my N line. As per kiddac's user guide I opened line in notepad and saved it as CCcam.cfg, ftp'd it to /usr/keys .. Open softcams panel. Menu… Info Panel… Softcam Panel
Select Cam 1 – press left or right to select CCcam 2.3.0
Select Cam 2 – no cam
Start/Restart (Green button)
rebooted with no success ... only fta channels .. Anyone show me how stoopid I'm being would be appreciated ..
Thx

n line goes in usr/keys folder - you also need mgcfg file in there aswell. have you installed mgcam 1,35a/1.38 ? you will need one of those if you don't already have one?

ps, I assume you have softcam manager?

n line goes in usr/keys folder - you also need mgcfg file in there aswell. have you installed mgcam 1,35a/1.38 ? you will need one of those if you don't already have one?

ps, I assume you have softcam manager?

Still finding my way around the box not sure if I have softcam manager!! Where would I find it?
D/loaded mgcfg from the web but can't find mgcam, is it on the box or a web d/load?
Sorry ... I thought this was going to be easy!!!!

if youre starting from scratch then you need to download a cam ie mgcam 1.35a - I think its in the downloads section on here, softcam manager is a plug in under menu>plugins

it is easy ! just take your time and be methodical

if youre starting from scratch then you need to download a cam ie mgcam 1.35a - I think its in the downloads section on here, softcam manager is a plug in under menu>plugins

it is easy ! just take your time and be methodical

LOL .. Buggered if I can find anything resembling softcam manager .. not in the already d/loaded plugins section and can't see anything in any of the plugins sections.
I d/loaded mgcam 1.38 - where does that go?
Have put both mgcfg and newcamdlist into usr/keys

Well, I don't usually admit defeat but this has done my head in after scrolling through hundreds of posts trying to get my line to work. Afraid I will brick the box if I carry on playing around so it's back to my trusty f5s :-(
Thanks for the help

Last edited:
ok, with those two files in usr/key - it should be fine.

softcam manager can be found by pressing menu, then highlight and press plugins, then press green button to download plugins,, then scroll down to extensions, then scroll down and find softcam manager !!

install it, then restart box, then press blue button, select softcam, then select softcam panel and restart your cam (assuming its set to mgcam)

if you don't have mgcam installed, then ftp it into var/temp folder - then install it from menu/software management - install local extensions - I always restart every time I have installed something - then go back and do the blue button process again, remember toscroll left/right on cam selection when you do

ps, you've got softcam panel, you don't really need softcam manager - in your first post you state press right left to select cc cam - once you've installed mgcam 1.38, when you scroll it will show mgcam - that's what you need NOT cc cam - don't forget to restart cam on that same screen

I assume your n line starts with CWS = (and then your line details?)

Last edited:
ok, with those two files in usr/key - it should be fine.

softcam manager can be found by pressing menu, then highlight and press plugins, then press green button to download plugins,, then scroll down to extensions, then scroll down and find softcam manager !!

install it, then restart box, then press blue button, select softcam, then select softcam panel and restart your cam (assuming its set to mgcam)

if you don't have mgcam installed, then ftp it into var/temp folder - then install it from menu/software management - install local extensions - I always restart every time I have installed something - then go back and do the blue button process again, remember toscroll left/right on cam selection when you do

ps, you've got softcam panel, you don't really need softcam manager - in your first post you state press right left to select cc cam - once you've installed mgcam 1.38, when you scroll it will show mgcam - that's what you need NOT cc cam - don't forget to restart cam on that same screen

I assume your n line starts with CWS = (and then your line details?)

Definitely no softcam manager in my plugins but I did find softcam panel on the Blue button.. I FTP'd mgcam into var/temp and tried to install it the way you have described but I couldn't locate it.
Line does start with CWS.
I'm back on my F5s now so I'll give it another try tomorrow.
Thanks for the pointers

Making slow progress ...
D/loaded a different cam and FTP'd enigma2-cams-mgcamd-1.38_oe1.6_1.1-r1_mipsel.ipk to var/tmp and managed to get it installed this time .... rebooted and went into softcam panel Select Cam 1 and the only options showing are - no cam, CCcam 2.0.11 and CCcam 2.3.0
Can't understand where I am going wrong!

---------- Post Merged at 01:13 PM ----------

Just noticed something, don't know if it is relevant -
In Filezilla right hand panel, when I click on Var I noticed there is a ? on the tmp folder and when I click it the path changes to /var/volatile/tmp but mgcam still successfully loads from there.

Sorted .. WooHoo
Going through the initial setup again I noticed that softcam-feed-mipsel_1.0_all.ipk hadn't loaded (or I didn't load it in the first place!!)
All running good now thanks for the help.

having same issues as yourself got to the point at the end where you say softcam-feed-mipsel_1.0_all.ipk hadn't loaded. where do I find this ? thanks help please.

Sorted .. WooHoo
Going through the initial setup again I noticed that softcam-feed-mipsel_1.0_all.ipk hadn't loaded (or I didn't load it in the first place!!)
All running good now thanks for the help.

the frustrating part is that its virtually always something simple !!

I find that one ipk file at a time works better, I then always restart receiver after each install

having same issues as yourself got to the point at the end where you say softcam-feed-mipsel_1.0_all.ipk hadn't loaded. where do I find this ? thanks help please.

I Googled it, can't remember what site I got it from but there are a lot out there.

From kiddacs set up guide -

Download softcam-feed-mipsel_1.0_all.ipk file and open FileZilla.
Transfer your file into the tmp folder.
Press blue button to open quick launch menu.
Plugins…IPK Installer
Select Memory /tmp
Install Extensions
Select Softcam file
Install (Green Button)
Restart

Last edited:
Yes thanks I've managed to do that and got mgcamd 1.38r1 and 1.35a in soft cam. I've installed my nline as as is on my old open box CWS = sli****** 24368 user password 01 02 ********* 14 and tried on both the MGcamds but it won't work, it does say signature ok so can't understand why it's not clearing the channels. Ive been told I need to add more lines to the configuration so I'll need to do a bit more reading.

Sorted, I just got rid of everything that I installed then I reinstalled and it worked straight away. Thanks for your help I can now watch tv which is what I brought it for.

Back