No internet - blank EPG

c1raldo

Hi,

My Dad recently cancelled his Sky subcription so I set up my Dad's new Zgemma H2S box (openvix) the other day at my house. I have internet in my house so I was able to download all the necessary stuff EPG, picons, etc... When initial set up was complete, I then went over to his house and hooked the box up to his satellite cables.

Last night he was saying that the EPG was now mostly blank barring a few channels. He doesn't have internet in his house. Is there a simple solution here to update the EPG regularly on its own without an internet connection?

Cheers

Hi,

My Dad recently cancelled his Sky subcription so I set up my Dad's new Zgemma H2S box (openvix) the other day at my house. I have internet in my house so I was able to download all the necessary stuff EPG, picons, etc... When initial set up was complete, I then went over to his house and hooked the box up to his satellite cables.

Last night he was saying that the EPG was now mostly blank barring a few channels. He doesn't have internet in his house. Is there a simple solution here to update the EPG regularly on its own without an internet connection?

Cheers
You need to run cross epg to re download the epg

You're gonna have to get him a subscription to TV times I think if he doesn't have internet access I'm afraid as that's where the information comes from.
Or.
If he has a mobile with a data plan that he can turn into a wifi hotspot then you can solve this by setting up his phone as the wifi to the box then showing him how to turn hotspot on and how to run Cross EPG. It wouldn't be data intensive and he'd only need to do it once a week. If you are local you could do that for him if he doesn't have a phone or ask a neighbour.

You're gonna have to get him a subscription to TV times I think if he doesn't have internet access I'm afraid as that's where the information comes from.
Or.
If he has a mobile with a data plan that he can turn into a wifi hotspot then you can solve this by setting up his phone as the wifi to the box then showing him how to turn hotspot on and how to run Cross EPG. It wouldn't be data intensive and he'd only need to do it once a week. If you are local you could do that for him if he doesn't have a phone or ask a neighbour.

You don't need internet for cross epg.

Back