No Picture/Sound on Freeview Channels?

Openboxcy

Hi,

My dad has just called me to say that he is not getting any picture or sound on freeview channels on his H2S. He gets programme information (I.E what is on each channel and a description). He basically just gets a black screen on all channels.

I live 20 miles away so can't just nip round. He says the connections at the box and his satellite dish are fine and haven't been moved etc. He also wouldn't know how to change any settings on the box. He is running WB Infinity and has been for a while now with no issues.

Any ideas what it could be and how to resolve? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I would still check signal strength for if you’ve had bad weather as that can effect satellite signal

Hi,

My dad has just called me to say that he is not getting any picture or sound on freeview channels on his H2S. He gets programme information (I.E what is on each channel and a description). He basically just gets a black screen on all channels.

I live 20 miles away so can't just nip round. He says the connections at the box and his satellite dish are fine and haven't been moved etc. He also wouldn't know how to change any settings on the box. He is running WB Infinity and has been for a while now with no issues.

Any ideas what it could be and how to resolve? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
You can log into his box using TeamViewer and oenwebif and you can change all settings etc without leaving your house.
Freesat via a dish, Freeview via an aerial for future reference

might just need an abm scan, if there was an issue when auto bouquets maker ran it's daily update it can end up messing things up

I would still check signal strength for if you’ve had bad weather as that can effect satellite signal
Thanks guys for all the replies. I've got him to check the signal strength, SNR = 0% (mine around 70%) so that's obviously an issue. He's not had any bad weather lately, or anyone near the dish. I've asked him to check the cable at the back of the box. Anything else I should get him to try?

Thanks

Thanks guys for all the replies. I've got him to check the signal strength, SNR = 0% (mine around 70%) so that's obviously an issue. He's not had any bad weather lately, or anyone near the dish. I've asked him to check the cable at the back of the box. Anything else I should get him to try?

Thanks
Ask him to check the exterior cable.
Someone could have damaged it with a ladder or by something falling against it

Thanks

That will most likely be a cable fault - does he have a spare feed coming from the dish by any chance?

That will most likely be a cable fault - does he have a spare feed coming from the dish by any chance?
Thanks again guys for all the replies. He woke up this morning and all was working again, SNR =72%. Not sure if it's been a local thing or what. Cheers

Back