No Signal

CJ1988

Hi everyone i'm trying to get freesat working on my technomate, when i try and do a scan i get tuned failed. I recently bought a satellite finder and when i attached the sat finder i received most freewview channels but when i remove the sat finder i get tuned failed and 0 signal. I.ve also installed new cable aswell. Any help thanks.

Yeah the tuner is on 28.2e astra, i've plugged the cable into the lnb input if thats what mean. thanks.

14.db it keeps fluctuating to 15.db i can only get signal when i put the sat finder on the lnb dish otherwise i get tuner failed fatal.

so you get 14 db without the sat finder ?
is your dish actually pointed at 28?
how are you tuning? what build is on the box?
try doing a blind scan , NOT through ABM

No bud thats with the sat finder plugged in, without the sat finder it just says tuner failed and 0 signal. The build is Openvix 5.0.025, how would i know if my dish is pointed to 28. I've done a manual scan 0 channels found.

No bud thats with the sat finder plugged in, without the sat finder it just says tuner failed and 0 signal. The build is Openvix 5.0.025, how would i know if my dish is pointed to 28. I've done a manual scan 0 channels found.
try changing the tuner config to a different sat.
if your finder has a signal then its obviously pointing at something,
try changing it to automatic, it should then scan [iirc] for the 5 popular sats [ 13 16 19 23 28 ] and LOCK on one of them, you will then have an idea which way to move your dish,
if it doesnt lock then maybe you are too far east

Wouldn't it show foreign channels though if i was on a different sat bud, also how do i put the tuner config on automatic cheers.

Depends if it's aligned to another satellite or if it's just pointing in a random direction.

Are you plugging the signal meter directly to the LNB with a different piece of cable or are you connecting the signal meter to the same cable as is plugged into the back of your receiver?

Wouldn't it show foreign channels though if i was on a different sat bud, also how do i put the tuner config on automatic cheers.
No, it will only search the sat you set the tuner to.
What image are you using,?
I'm just running plain Openvix, and in tuner settings I can choose a satellite, or let it try and get an automatic lock,
I found this out when I was trying to find 19 but found 23 instead, was showing signal but tuner fail, set it to automatic and it locked on 23.

@CJ1988
Menu>setup>tuner config>tuner setup
Pick your tuner
Satellite
Then press arrow left (or right depending what satellite its currently set to) repeatedly and it will scan downwards from 28 to automatic

Press green to save,
And it will scan to try and get a lock on a satellite.
I found automatic it locked on 28.e astra, pressed green to save then i done a scan through abm found 500 plus on freesat, but when i go to the sat channels it still says tune failed.

I found automatic it locked on 28.e astra, pressed green to save then i done a scan through abm found 500 plus on freesat, but when i go to the sat channels it still says tune failed.
OK, do NOT scan on ABM
I had an issue with that too for some reason, it kept coming up TUNER FAIL after finding a load of channels.
exit ABM and simply try a blind scan

Sounds like your dish is out of wack.

Can you reach it to adjust it ?
Depends if it's aligned to another satellite or if it's just pointing in a random direction.

Are you plugging the signal meter directly to the LNB with a different piece of cable or are you connecting the signal meter to the same cable as is plugged into the back of your receiver?
Yeah i plug the sat finder with a cable u get with it into the LNB, and the cable from my box goes into the side of the sat finder. As soon as i remove the sat finder and screw my cable direct from my box to the LNB i get no signal.

Mr Steptoe, I like the cut of your jib.
I'm now following you, which sounds slightly icky but it's not, I think you know some good stuff and considering i know very little, we'll make a good pair.
Not picking curtains out or anything though..:(y):

Yeah i plug the sat finder with a cable u get with it into the LNB, and the cable from my box goes into the side of the sat finder. As soon as i remove the sat finder and screw my cable direct from my box to the LNB i get no signal.

have you got the satfinder at the dish end? or the box end?
if you have it at the dish end it MUST be behind the dish [and preferrably below it], otherwise it will simply show full signal and will transfer that to the box.

Back