No Subtitles in VOD movies, how come ?

pisshead

I have a zgemma i55 with IPTV and trying to watch a lot of movies on the VOD but in movies that have some or lots of parts in foreign languages there is no subtitles and its a total waste of the movies as you dont know what they are saying in a lot of the parts.

Is this down to my providers end or is there something I can do that gives me the subs as I can't see that option anywhere ?

Have also noticed that in the movies in the VOD section too, the Audio isn't always that great, it's like if it starts raining in a movie then the sound goes all weird until the rain scene passes or maybe a wind storm, same thing, sound goes all weird then its fine when its just normal and no rain or wind, so that is also a pain in the azz, could it be the person that uploaded these videos used poor Audio software for the recording side of things or compressed the movie files too much or something ?

p.s, I would have posted this in the zgemma i55 section but there is still no such section created yet :( hope it happens soon.

Last edited:
If subtitles are contained in the stream you are watching you can press yellow button then go right to subtitles and choose them from list just press ok to enable. To disable do same again. If subtitles are not contained in stream you will see no option under subtitles to turn on text. Stream quality is down to quality originally filmed in.

If subtitles are contained in the stream you are watching you can press yellow button then go right to subtitles and choose them from list just press ok to enable. To disable do same again. If subtitles are not contained in stream you will see no option under subtitles to turn on text. Stream quality is down to quality originally filmed in.

Thanks, will have a look mate :)

we do have an iptv section do we not,i dont use vod but even in android some movies state 720hd like hell they are and are more like sd with an out of focus camcorder.Other films could be better if finding 1080 streams and seen a few 4k better quality feeds and looks great,but i dont have a 4k tv as its like from scart to hd quality.Sources differ.

we do have an iptv section do we not,i dont use vod but even in android some movies state 720hd like hell they are and are more like sd with an out of focus camcorder.Other films could be better if finding 1080 streams and seen a few 4k better quality feeds and looks great,but i dont have a 4k tv as its like from scart to hd quality.Sources differ.

Yeah, this is the IPTV section, lol, and I know what you mean about resolutions etc, some are ridiculously poor, but anyhows, thats not in question here, it's just the lack of subtitles and the bad audio I mentioned but I know that bad audio also comes from bad garbage quality movies that have been uploaded on iptv.

i thought it was in another section lol,sneaky feckers move things lol,provider would only be passing on the stream to you and will have no control over subtitles or other stuff.
I dont know if their are language settings in box as like in the e2 boxes i think 3 options,first language,second language etc but if the source was filmed in chinese thats what you get.What about english game of thrones with german subtitles:LOL::grin:

I don't know, just noticed over the past days that watching movies with mainly 99% english speaking audio and then you get the bits in different languages when you can tell for a fact there should be some english subtitles on screen as you don't have a clue what the people are saying and it totally wastes those parts of the film and maybe the whole film really.

In the old days of downloading you used to download the film then subs from subtitle sites and sync them to the movie before you watched it.
You can't do that with streaming, it's the same on sites like showbox, I've tried alsorts of ways and no go.
On showbox you can download English subs but there on for the whole movie and when it come to foreign speaking bits it comes up with nothing at all on the screen

In the old days of downloading you used to download the film then subs from subtitle sites and sync them to the movie before you watched it.
You can't do that with streaming, it's the same on sites like showbox, I've tried alsorts of ways and no go.
On showbox you can download English subs but there on for the whole movie and when it come to foreign speaking bits it comes up with nothing at all on the screen

So in other words its simply not going to work, thats a pain in the neck because it totally wastes good movies, for example ones like drug cartel ones when they speak in English and then some columbians come into it and speak and you dont have a clue what they are saying, maybe if the fools that recorded the movies in the first place actually recorded the version with the subtitles included and then put them onto IPTV that would be the problem solved, but not so it seems.

oh well, if thats how it is then thats how it is, its a real shame though :(

Back