Nokia E71 no web connection

Linny40

TK LADY VETERAN
Having problems with this handset. Have had it sent away for repair as it had no web conecction, got it back and decided to take the backup of it from my pc via nokia pc suite safe to back up everything back onto the phone.

This i think is what has caused the problem again. There must be something in the backup file that had knocked out the 3g or web connection.

So before i take it back to the shop and ask them to send it away again for repair does anyone have a solution.

The backup that i have on my pc for the nokia file will be deleted. For some reason i cannot find on my pc a way to "undo" the back up. the pc suite only give you the option to do a new backup or restore phone to a previous backup.

Hi linny, are you having problems connecting to your home wireless wifi or the providers web connection?

Axxxo cant get any connection no home wifi or providers. Seems there is an internal error. Cant even get on planet 3 ( three networks home page)
I have even borrowed the same handset and backed it up with settings to my pc and tried to use that backup on my handset to get the settings( internet) to work. Just comes up no connection. But i can makes calls and texts. Cant set up my email etc as no net connction

Linny have you tried just contacting three network for them to text or automatically put the settings into your phone?
Ive done this myself before with mms and for internet on the phone. I have the E52 so the phones are slightly similar. It sounds like we'll have to enter the settings manually so I would call 3 network and have them text me the settings or sometimes you can switch off the phone and they can do it for you.
Here's a link to the owners manual which has nice tips in it for navigating your way around the phone.
Nokia E71

cheers Axxxo! no i havent - lol its a pain trying to talk to someone on the phone, but ill give them a ring thanks x and ill lok at that link

Godd advice from Axxxo Linny, but if you dont like talking to 3 CS on the phone, take it to your local 3 store, i have always found the guys at mine really helpfull for things like that.

cheers Murz! my nephew works for them, so i know how good ( or full of cr^p) they can be lol. he told me to not worry about getting it fixed as he gave me his and told me to sellmiine on one of these websites lol! recons i can get over £90 for it as long as it works as a phone. But i dont like it coz it dont work with the internet and want to get it working so might go to another store coz they all know me in my local store.
Only problem with cs is they tend to be indian speaking and i sometimes have trouble understanding them as they talk to fast - usually coz they are reading from a script and wont deviate lol!

ive just been on their website and asked them to text me the settings. got them on the handset but it says unable to open message format not supported, yet i can send and receive text messages

Linny, here's a link to a great website if you are an E71 owner as i was for years. This is not the home page but tells you how to reset your E71 and what to do to save your important stuff before you reset it. Might fix the problem.
Cheers
Murz

no probs thanks! LOL! .................. god im glad its not just me that forgetful and daft LOL!!!
as said got a text from 3 but it wont open and now phone freezes. All i wanna do now is sell it for a good price - bit like my old ipod touch. Drove me up the wall trying to get it to work - til i sold it lol!
i can make calls and texts just cant use damn internet " no connection not even when i try n use my WLAN but thanks ill look at that link tomorrow

Last edited:
Linny ring those idiots again and tell them to send that text to you again, they sent it in the wrong format for you.
You might be able to open it though from the nokia pc suite.
The wifi from home will more than likely have to be setup manually too, as in typing in the ip and so on.

well i tried the info on that link and it still wont work. The text message works on another handset, Will try n connect it via pc suite. I have put a different sim card in the phone ( still on 3)
as for home internet its there, it shows up but wont connect, put in the passcode manually. It did work before. But will put it all in again manually!

UPDATE!!

Ok i did that *#7370# again - this time making sure i selected the UK and not the 1st country that came up and low and behold ............................

IT WORKING AGAIN ON THE NET whoop whoop!!

thanks guys for your time and patience, it certainly paid off!!!
I is now a happy bunny, so if i do sell it via a mobile phone site or feebay i KNOW it works fully!!!
topdollar.com offered me £95.70 for a fully working handset!!

Back