noob H2S question....

prit224

Hi guys, just want to apologise in advance for the long post. I have done some reading on these boxes and would like to get a setup at home. Basically below is my current set up and what I plan to do. Could you let me know if it’s possible and if I am missing anything?
Thanks.

Current setup: VM – Broadband, TV (in lounge) and phone. Old sly dish (like 15 years old and hasn’t been used for at least 10 years with 2lnb output but only one wire going downstairs to a pointless place where the TV is not – see pic).

What I would like – Part one
I have looked at getting the zgemma H2S box (and a 500g external HD) and am thinking if I can add another LNB wire to the dish and have the current wire which is going to the wall downstairs (see pic 2) removed and put both lnb wires upstairs could I have sly upstairs with the ability to record one thing and watch another if I can get both LNB wires upstairs?
I have seen a 3 month multiroom gift going for quite cheap to test the waters. What I don’t get is the difference between cline nline thing but I am assuming whichever one I choose will be OK as the box supports both right?

Part 2
Assuming the above goes OK for a few months I would like to get another box (zgemma H2.H) downstairs to connect the VM feed to. I understand the cable lines have channels in HD?
Also as VM only have one cable for TV would I be able to record and watch things at the same time like I currently do on the standard VM box as that has only one line going into it?
I was thinking if the VM box can do it, it must be possible right?

If not would I need to replace the lnb on the dish to a quad LNB and have line 3 from the dish going into the lounge to the H2H and have the sly line for recording (on another 500g HD) and the VM line for watching in HD?

I am assuming I will need another cable gift and another sly gift?

Assuming part 2 works would I then be able to cancel my VM tv subscription or would I have to reduce it to the most basic one?

I will be able to get Ethernet to both boxes via powerline so will have hard wired internet connection as I think this is required.

Hope the above makes sense.

I like the look of the blue and red skins ive seen and I think they are part of the openvix image?
How much do you have to maintain these with regards to updating channel lists?
Assuming the lines stay good could I have trouble free TV viewing pleasure once all set up correctly?

Any help or comments would be much appreciated.

Thanks again. If its possible I will order the H2S straight away.

DSC_0645.jpg

DSC_0646.jpg

Back