noob to flashing

dogmanpit

new would like some help om how to flash my 360 but i need to be shon in baby steps i have bein looking at the Maximus USB Xtractor and Power Unit Dongle Combo for Xbox 360 can any one tell me if this is good tools to get or is thier a better one i would be very great full on any help thanks

new would like some help om how to flash my 360 but i need to be shon in baby steps i have bein looking at the Maximus USB Xtractor and Power Unit Dongle Combo for Xbox 360 can any one tell me if this is good tools to get or is thier a better one i would be very great full on any help thanks

well first of all do you know what kind of drive you have?

ok, lets start from square one. watch this video.. it is one of the best ones out on how to open your console. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnYETi73Vbs if you want to save that warranty sticker you can, and you could sell it on ebay for a small profit of 4-7$ USD. let me know if you want to save that warranty sticker.

ok let me know when you are ready and i will go over the steps with you on how to remove that sticker so it is still useable.

it look perty easy i am confident i can open it up thanks what's next homesick i am stoked !! what do i need to do next

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

cool i am stoked what is next homesick i am ready to try and get this down

ok so you need to get off the pesky sticker, hopefully by selling two of them on ebay it will pay for your via card if you plan on buying one. the first step is to get a hair dryer, the second step is to un-hook you xbox 360 and sit it on the floor. now take off the face plate. Now get a peice of wax or parchment paper, you are going to use this to put your stickers on when you remove them. I prefer to use tweezers and my fingers for the actual removal. If your all set up, all you need to do now is put the hair dryer on the low setting, not cool but low. then wave the hair dryer back and fourth over the sticker for about 45 seconds. you dont want to get it too hot, yet it has to be hot enough, otherwise the sticker will not come off properlly and will not be able to be reused. so after about 45 seconds of heating the sticker on the low setting you are going to take your tweezers, and pick a corner and slowly begin to peel off the sticker. Remember slow and steady wins the race! Once you have the sticker completely off, just place it on the wax paper and make sure the entire sticker is laying flat and stuck to your wax or parchment paper. the reason you use wax or parchment paper is so you can peel it off later. If you stick it to anything else it will also ruin the sticker. Thats it you are all set! if you ever want to reapply the sticker you use the same heat up method to get it off of the paper. If you sell it on ebay though, sell it still attached to the paper. And remember if you sell it on ebay, just list it as a sticker nothing else. Do not label it as a warranty sticker, ebay will cancel the auction. People that are buying the stickers know to look for these auctions! good luck and hit up the forums again when you are done with these tasks!

65.jpg

what about this one i can get it at best buy for $20

IDE Controller Type Ultra ATA/133, Ultra ATA/100, Ultra ATA/66
Number of IDE Ports (1) 40-pin E-IDE Connector
IDE Data Transfer Rate (per Channel) 133MBps, 100MBps, 66MBps, 33MBps
Serial ATA Controller Type Serial ATA-150
Number of Internal SATA Ports (1) Serial ATA Connector
Number of External SATA Ports (1) External Serial ATA Connector
SATA Data Transfer Rate (per Channel) Up to 150MBps
Serial ATA RAID Supported RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 0+1, JBOD
Supported Windows Operating Systems Microsoft Windows 98se, ME, 2000, XP, Server 2003
Other Supported Operating Systems Linux
Included Software Drivers & Utilities
Interface Type PCI Interface
Manufacturer Warranty 1 Year Limited Warranty

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

do i need to get a sata card i know my conputer has 2 sata ports

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

this is my motherboard

66.jpg

Last edited:
65.jpg

what about this one i can get it at best buy for $20

IDE Controller Type Ultra ATA/133, Ultra ATA/100, Ultra ATA/66
Number of IDE Ports (1) 40-pin E-IDE Connector
IDE Data Transfer Rate (per Channel) 133MBps, 100MBps, 66MBps, 33MBps
Serial ATA Controller Type Serial ATA-150
Number of Internal SATA Ports (1) Serial ATA Connector
Number of External SATA Ports (1) External Serial ATA Connector
SATA Data Transfer Rate (per Channel) Up to 150MBps
Serial ATA RAID Supported RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 0+1, JBOD
Supported Windows Operating Systems Microsoft Windows 98se, ME, 2000, XP, Server 2003
Other Supported Operating Systems Linux
Included Software Drivers & Utilities
Interface Type PCI Interface
Manufacturer Warranty 1 Year Limited Warranty

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

do i need to get a sata card i know my conputer has 2 sata ports

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

this is my motherboard

66.jpg

when you start talking about other cards and using your motherboard it gets a little grey with me. it can be done, but it is not the recommended way for beginners. that particular card i metioned has the best working ratio out of every variable available.

ok it just how long do i have to waight to get it in the mail that way i found the sata card at my local store but if it dont work i wont get it so ok i the card you recomended then what is next thanks hope you dont mind me just trying to get every thing dow so i dont mess up

when you start talking about other cards and using your motherboard it gets a little grey with me. it can be done, but it is not the recommended way for beginners. that particular card i metioned has the best working ratio out of every variable available.

Its all dependant on the chipsets of the motherboards - dvd drives that are compatable.

The via 6421 pci sata card is known to work ON ALL XBOX 360 DVD DRIVES.

As for flashing the drive itself once you have the correct equipment then its best to post back then.

Also for information on the latest ways to flash xbox 360's then google jungleflasher guides, they are in .pdf and easy to follow.

Regards

ok it just how long do i have to waight to get it in the mail that way i found the sata card at my local store but if it dont work i wont get it so ok i the card you recomended then what is next thanks hope you dont mind me just trying to get every thing dow so i dont mess up

you need to do some reading while you wait. i will find you some reading material, because i have not done a lite-on before... cunny what parts does he need for the lite-on? just the spear? i was thinking there were two things? could you post what he needs if you have it please? or just let me know and i will find the parts for him online. all in all dogmanpit, you are looking at around 50 bucks in parts. but remember, thats still cheaper than 60. :)

ok thanks i apreciate all the help thanks homesick and every one else ok let me know what i need to read thanks again!

Back