Nord VPN or not Nord

kevbro

I get my IPTV from a respected guy on here who is working hard to get blocking problems sorted out - but he has advised me not to use Nord, which I thought was one of the best.
anyone got any ideas why?

this whole VPN business has had me quite baffled but I will go down that path,
and to play devil's advocate (and show my lack of knowledge) please consider this ...
last Sunday I could not get anything at all on my Mag - whether Sport or Vod streams
and this was with the portal from here and a 3 day trial from Magic IPTV
I got 'server down' all the time ... so

if it's the server that's down then surely it is the server that's blocked and not my IP address?
so if a VPN shows me to be in the UK or USA trying to access those servers from my PC is not the problem?
I know I'm being naive here, but the answer seems to me to hide the severs behind a VPN or firewall.
by the way, I can get Premier League midweek and Modbro on my Kodi box works fine
at all times - are they not being blocked?

If it's the source that's blocked a vpn would be no good but if it's your isp blocking you then a vpn would work there has been reports even using a vpn wouldn't work and nord was one of them that was mentioned there not fussed about midweek games there more bothered about 3pms and the other weekend fixtures see what happens at the weekend every supplier is having to up their games to try and avoid the blocks

so I was not being totally thick after all?
it would be nice if my supplier does come up with a solution but I bet it's quite complex.
I can see a time when the spending (and political) power of the Sky's of the world
does get it's way and streaming gets knocked in the head ...
at 74 I'm hopeful it will not be in my time.
methinks it's back to Modro this weekend

They have been trying to block illegal streaming for as long as I can remember but as soon as they block 1 method another one appears and with technology as it is I think they are facing an impossible task. If Sly,Virgin etc sold their tv packages at a fair price there would be no call for illegal streaming. I got blocked last Saturday for the first time in ages but within a couple of hours it was back up and running. I think all suppliers are facing blocks but most are dealing with them as they happen so holding off on the Vpn at the moment but maybe in the future we will all need one.

Just see what happens mate it is getting harder it's a big cat and mouse game at present
understanding VPN's took me a while, but I get it now, and good luck to all the suppliers on here.
to be totally frank, what I get from my IPTV is quite fantastic value -
for the price of just a cheapish Mag box and a dead cheap subscription I get all the sports and entertainment I want.
so I say good luck to IPTV services, however long they last, because on my State Pension I cannot afford Sky etc and will never be able to - so I have nothing much to lose really.

Back