Not obtaining ip address

giana

I reflashed a friends box to openatv 6.4 at my house. now hes taken it back to is it wont connect to the internet. we tested the ethernet cable and thats ok. reset router, checked the settings on the box. and all is fine yet it will still not obtain an ip address or nameserver. it worked before at my place no problems. any suggestions?

Put box into deep standby, then reboot the router before turning box back on

Put box into deep standby, then reboot the router before turning box back on
we have tried rebooting router whilst the box was off and then tried when the router had restarted. what difference will deep standby make?

Check the router ip address to make sure it is in the same range as the box. Also is the router set for dhcp?

Check the router ip address to make sure it is in the same range as the box. Also is the router set for dhcp?
idhcp is enabled on the box and i checked his router settings yesterday and all looked ok. im no expert in all honesty so i may have missed something. when you say range what do u mean?

Some routers 192.168.1.1 and some 192.168.0.1. Box has to be 192.168.1.? or 192.168.0.? or whatever the router is

a bit of a random suggestion but I have had this myself so maybe worth a try: I have had no IP while using an extension on 1st setup but when connected directly to the router system obtains an IP

Back