Now TV any good?

could you not purchase stick then either register nowtv account then take back and still have use of account or use for nearly 28 days then take back to agros (y) :smiley:

Try it and see, l'm sure a lot of members would like to know the outcome :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Quick update if its a help to anyone, l ordered the now TV stick with a months sports on it so will try that tomorrow. In the mean time l bought a weekly pass of the net and put it on the app on my TV. When l first tried it the picture was awful but comes good after a few seconds. There is approx a 30 second lag which l would like to be quicker so will try the stick tomorrow and see if that's better. l paid £4.49 for the week of sport

My Tuppence Worth....

I got sick of paying Sky close to £90 a month for TV, Phone & ADSL Broadband so I cancelled it and moved to Now TV. I have had Now TV for about 2 years now (along with Netflix & Amazon Prime) and I save around £35-£40 a month so I'm very happy with it. It did have it's teething problems at first but it is fine now. I pay for the Entertainment package (about 12 channels with the catch up TV) and whenever Leicester City are on live on Sky Sports I get a day pass (like earlier today...a bit unlucky today I thought btw).

Picture quality is 720p and is fine for me on my 37" 1080p LG TV. I have 2 Roku Premiere's that I use to access it. The new Now TV Sticks are rebadged Roku Express sticks and they a quite fast. You can have up to 4 devices registered on your account but only 2 devices can be used simultaneously. I have noticed that the picture quality improved when I upgraded to Fibre. The stream is about 20-30 seconds behind Radio 5 Live so it's fine for me.

Also you get a lot of emails with offers. At the moment they are offering ALL Sky Sports channels for £200 for 10 months. But you also get offers for the movies for £4 a month for 6 months. Movies are also in 720p and Dolby Digital 2.0. Also you can use the 7/14 day free trials for Kids TV, Movies & Hayu.

I have heard that Now TV is upgrading the picture quality to 1080p but I am not sure how true it is. If true I would expect it to be on par with Netflix & Amazon Prime 1080p.

Hope this helps.....

CCF

Back