NowTv router causing Iptv issues

Davie5561

Hi guys , I was wondering if anyone can help. I have a NowTv router and they provide my broadband .... I get decent speeds and in general don’t have any issues . But I have an Iptv subscription and every 20-30 minutes the streams freeze for a short time regularly on my Sony Bravia tv using Iptv apps that work perfectly for others ... For 20 mins to half an hour it works perfectly . As an experiment I tried using my VPN on my tv and low and behold the Iptv worked perfectly . The issue I have is that my Iptv provider has told me I can’t use VPN as the guys that run the severs think that the servers are being attacked because they don’t recognise the IP address .
Anyone know of any fixes ? I have the skyshield turned off . Obviously the issue is with my NowTv broadband supply because putting it through a vpn confuses it and it works great lol
Any advice much appreciated.

Maybe it's your service supplier, ip having block issue's hence the reason a vpn works.. i dont believe your router is the problem at all. You may want to grab a test from another supplier, send me a pm i will be glad to help you
Hi buddy I know it’s not the router but a supply issue ... but all my devices work perfectly as does Netflix , YouTube etc . It’s just Iptv stuff that cause me issues

Hi buddy I know it’s not the router but a supply issue ... but all my devices work perfectly as does Netflix , YouTube etc . It’s just Iptv stuff that cause me issues

Yes as i stated grab a couple of test from other suppliers, if all is fine you know its down to your supplier suffering ip blocks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Deffinatly not the supplier as I'm with same supplier no vpn used watched boxing lastnight no blocks like some and no blocks all football season the op is having issues with an app kicking him out after 20 minuites or so but I use the same app on my stick no problem not been kicked out once

I’ve tried several
Iptv suppliers and I have the same issues . I also have friends and family that use my current supplier and have no issues at all. Hence it’s an issue with NowTv broadband

Oh i see what you mean now, my apologies, i mis understood, im not sure then, maybe change internet supplier?

could try turning off family safe settings. most suppliers will let you use a VPN if you tell them but normally they have it coverd there end. The common time for blocks is the begining of football seasom good idea to have one just in case.

could try turning off family safe settings. most suppliers will let you use a VPN if you tell them but normally they have it coverd there end. The common time for blocks is the begining of football seasom good idea to have one just in case.
As I mentioned In my original post mate it’s already turned off . But thanks anyway .

If I am off target with this suggestion please forgive me but when I read the post regarding disconnecting every 20 minutes or so it reminded me of a problem I had a couple of years ago as did a number of other members. The issue affected sly, and various providers, anyway this post By RPIDEMON sorted my problem and many other peoples. I was using a Mag box and an android box at the time and both were disconnecting.

rpidemon

TK Veteran

Sep 28, 2018
INTRO
After recently purchasing a Formuler z7+ box, un-boxing it, setting up all the relevant connections, logging into my IPTV in excitement disappointment hit me a message on screen saying no Internet.
PROBLEM
At first I thought the box was faulty, then that the ethernet connection and WiFi been connected at the same time was causing a conflict on the network somewhere but this was not the case as the problem still occurred with the WiFi turned off in the Android settings.
After having a poke around on the Internet it appears to be a common problem not just with the Formuler box but Android boxes in general.
SOLUTION
Head for the Android settings and enable static IP and change the following:
IP address - 192.168.0.250 (as far as I aware the 250 at the end is the highest number you can go to)
Subnet mask - 255.255.255.0 (standard for ethernet connections)
Gateway - 192.168.0.1 (this Is your routers IP and may differ between providers)
First DNS - x.x.x.x (DNS will differ depending on your provider see below)
Second DNS - x.x.x.x (DNS will differ depending on your provider see below)
Save the settings and reboot your box.
Spoiler: MAJOR UK PROVIDER'S DNS
Spoiler: FREE PUBLIC DNS
RESULT
The box has not lost its connection since and it also improved the speed not by much mind only a few mbs but in a Internet hungry house that can make all the difference.
Hopefully this will help other Android users who think they have a faulty unit or a problem with their Internet provider/IPTV supplier and maybe even add a few extra mbs to there box.
This might not be useful for all but certainly helped me out as I would of returned my shiny new box if I had not of set the static IP, taking a couple of minutes to adjust a few settings can save a whole lot of frustration.

Thanks mate but I use a Sony Bravia Android tv using an app .... I don’t use a mag box etc so I don’t think that would apply to me . But thanks anyway .

I would still research the thread by RPIDEMON from September 2018 it doesnt just refer to box settings like in my case it was altering the settings in my Sly Router but best of luck I know its very frustrating makes you feel like you would be better off reading a book! LOL

I would still research the thread by RPIDEMON from September 2018 it doesnt just refer to box settings like in my case it was altering the settings in my Sly Router but best of luck I know its very frustrating makes you feel like you would be better off reading a book! LOL
Haha .... thanks pal . I’ll look into it tomorrow.

Mate just out of interest in the guys instructions he’s saying about changing IP address .....surely you can’t just change it ??? Isn’t your IP address fixed as such ??

No matter how clever your username and password, login credentials can be cracked. For an added layer of security, you can change your router's IP address. Manufacturers typically use a basic IP address (192.168. 0.1 is used for many), which is used to access the router login page.

How to Change Router IP Address
  1. Enter your router's IP address into your favorite web browser.
  2. Log in with the default username and password.
  3. Click on Setup.
  4. Choose Network Settings.
  5. Type in the router's new IP address under Router Settings.
  6. Click on Save Setting.

No matter how clever your username and password, login credentials can be cracked. For an added layer of security, you can change your router's IP address. Manufacturers typically use a basic IP address (192.168. 0.1 is used for many), which is used to access the router login page.

How to Change Router IP Address
  1. Enter your router's IP address into your favorite web browser.
  2. Log in with the default username and password.
  3. Click on Setup.
  4. Choose Network Settings.
  5. Type in the router's new IP address under Router Settings.
  6. Click on Save Setting.

Back