Nvidia Shield - Stb Emu recording or alternative

Iceking

Hello,

New member here :)
I've currently got an Nvidia Shield which I'd ideally like to set up to record, set reminders etc.

Currently I'm using Stb Emu and have also given this a bash on Smart STB on my LG tv - I receive the message 'Recording this channel is forbidden' on the LG and can't seem to find a record option on Stb Emu pro on the shield - app remote won't pause or rewind, nor will harmony ultimate.

I've been assured by provider that nothing is locked down but won't provide me with an m3u address although they'll do the portal side.

Ideal setup would be a provider that can offer this functionality and I can run it on the Shield - reasons - running a VPN app on the shield is far easier than having to install a VPN router and mess around with WiFi power adapters as I still need some equipment away from the VPN.

Happy to consider other provider and service as I'm only tied in for 1 month and may have to pull my finger out and install a VPN router in future.

Any suggestions?

Hello,

New member here :)
I've currently got an Nvidia Shield which I'd ideally like to set up to record, set reminders etc.

Currently I'm using Stb Emu and have also given this a bash on Smart STB on my LG tv - I receive the message 'Recording this channel is forbidden' on the LG and can't seem to find a record option on Stb Emu pro on the shield - app remote won't pause or rewind, nor will harmony ultimate.

I've been assured by provider that nothing is locked down but won't provide me with an m3u address although they'll do the portal side.

Ideal setup would be a provider that can offer this functionality and I can run it on the Shield - reasons - running a VPN app on the shield is far easier than having to install a VPN router and mess around with WiFi power adapters as I still need some equipment away from the VPN.

Happy to consider other provider and service as I'm only tied in for 1 month and may have to pull my finger out and install a VPN router in future.

Any suggestions?
Hi
I use tivimate with 2tb drive on shield pro and it works great. Recommend buying a legit version as it updates regular.
Regards
Druk

Back