Nvidia shield vs Formuler box

Kenny3698

Hi guys thought I’d start a discussion on what is the better box these days, personally I have nvidia shield tv as my main box but I still hear people sware by the formuler boxes, I’m thinking about getting a second device for my second tv so I’m curious as to what people’s updated opinions are as the last thread I read was from 2022.

All opinions welcome if you have an outsider box that’s not nvidia or formuler you’re more then welcome to share.

I’m intrigued as formuler are coming out with new devices but nvidia don’t seem to have anything in the pipe work regarding a new shield.

The formular boxes are dedicated Iptv units the shield devices are built mainly for gaming. You will get loads of different opinions its been covered many times before comes down to personal choice really.

The formular boxes are dedicated Iptv units the shield devices are built mainly for gaming. You will get loads of different opinions its been covered many times before comes down to personal choice really.
Yeah I’m interested in everyone’s opinions to be honest, like I said latest thread I found was 2022 and I was interested a in a more updated opinion as to how the new formuler boxes were holding up compared to the shield etc.

Yeah I’m interested in everyone’s opinions to be honest, like I said latest thread I found was 2022 and I was interested a in a more updated opinion as to how the new formuler boxes were holding up compared to the shield etc.
You would have been better posting in the other thread really keeps everything in one place.

People talk a load of nonsense about dedicated boxes. You could argue both boxes and including buzz boxes are overkill for iptv.

I personally prefer sheild. That is really because I find the control for formuler boxes bulky and heavy with to many buttons.

And sheild uses real TV android not the mobile version other boxes use.

But over all its personal preference I have had both z10 pro max and z11 pro max. aswell as a sheild.

@stuss Is probably the authority on formuler boxes he prefers them

People talk a load of nonsense about dedicated boxes. You could argue both boxes and including buzz boxes are overkill for iptv.

I personally prefer sheild. That is really because I find the control for formuler boxes bulky and heavy with to many buttons.

And sheild uses real TV android not the mobile version other boxes use.

But over all its personal preference I have had both z10 pro max and z11 pro max. aswell as a sheild.

@stuss Is probably the authority on formuler boxes he prefers them
Interesting, personally I totally agree with you about the formuler remotes that was the only thing that I was looking at and kinda thought to myself it wouldn’t be for me,

I’d rather have the extra power in a box rather then be looking for it, I mean I’ve came from a firestick and the difference to the shield is night and day,

Everything with the shield I find is very snappy and the fact you can actually close apps I find very useful

Ive got both. And a Buzz 4500

Z10 & Sheild.

Use the Z10 & Buzz 4500 for IPTV prefer the buzz.

And the Shield for IPTV apps and the odd game, dont get suckered in with the upscaling on the Sheild, it makes some stuff look fake in my opinion.
That’s one thing I have noticed sometimes the upscaling did look a bit cartoon like but other times it does very good.

Ive got both. And a Buzz 4500

Z10 & Sheild.

Use the Z10 & Buzz 4500 for IPTV prefer the buzz.

And the Shield for IPTV apps and the odd game, dont get suckered in with the upscaling on the Sheild, it makes some stuff look fake in my opinion.
I agree with upscailing. It was good when the box was 1st realised in 2019 when 4k tvs with that feature were expensive.

But now if you want it most tvs do a good job

Totally disagree both the buzz and formular are mainly for Iptv with in built apps.
Which I would say 50% of suppliers won't let you use. I am not convinced a built in app makes it at dedicated iptv box.

Mytvonline is more or less implayer

Not sure of a similar app to Buzz boxes

Which I would say 50% of suppliers won't let you use. I am not convinced a built in app makes it at dedicated iptv box.

Mytvonline is more or less implayer

Not sure of a similar app to Buzz boxes
Simple choose one that does (y)

Implayer was modelled on MTVOnline from the start, ive had lifetime since it became available, it has now gone beyond MyTVonline now imo.
How does implayer compare vs tivimate as I’ve never actually looked into implayer I’ve always used tivimate

How does implayer compare vs tivimate as I’ve never actually looked into implayer I’ve always used tivimate
Implayer has loads more bells and whistles compared to tivimate. I would say it is the better app but dev is a moody git. But to be fair is always trying to make it better.

Back