Nvidia Shield - What More Can It Do?

dt99

TK Veteran
I use my Shield for IPTV, Kodi, Plex and Retro Gaming, but I always hear people going on about how it can do so much more, but when you ask them, they can never tell you what more it can do.

Does anyone own one and is there anything I am missing out on that the Shield can do? There is nothing I want it to do, but if I'm missing something amazing I would love to know.

It would be interesting to know, i got one during the black friday sales. I have iptv with all channels and vod i could ever want. I have teatv on there and some version of kodi. I have the game pad and it plays lots of games with good graphics.

I know I can stream games from a PC, but I don't have a gaming PC to stream from and the free games on GEForce Now play terrible on mine, my internet is not fast enough. I love the box, it's faster than anything that I have ever used in the past, so I would not change it for anything else, but I'm just wondering what sets it apart from just being another Android box.

My son has a very fast gaming pc and does have a steam account. Trouble is he has an issues that needs resolving and he's a mardi teen who likes to do thing when he wants. I have a fast 200mb connection and the games are very fast.

It can access prime video, letting me get rid of my fire tv. It can also replace your chromecast dongle, if you have one.

If you want, you can use Dream Player TV to access your e2 box. I haven't used it much, but it seems to work better than via Kodi PVR (which takes ages to download the epg every time you use it).

To me, aside from speed, its best feature is that it is a decent plex server - few can do that, likely none for the price (c£100 after I flogged the game controller, which I never used).

I have a nvidia shield running my iptv service which is spot on, just wondering if there is anyway you can download showbox on to it, I can seem to find anyone online that has managed to do it?

I have a nvidia shield running my iptv service which is spot on, just wondering if there is anyway you can download showbox on to it, I can seem to find anyone online that has managed to do it?

Just download the apk file onto it from the internet, that's all I did. I don't use it now though, I recently found Bee TV, which is miles better. Showbox doesn't work well without a mouse.

Hi mate download.filelinked apk then join the fikelinked face book group loads of good apps better than the limited playstore the sndroid tv os offers also some.great classic game.emulators

Just download the apk file onto it from the internet, that's all I did. I don't use it now though, I recently found Bee TV, which is miles better. Showbox doesn't work well without a mouse.
I’ve tried downloading the file mate but it won’t do it for some reason, how can I get bee tvif that is better?

Download filelinked and use the code 28519009 there are loads of apps on there. Bee TV is one of them.

I think it's on the Play Store on the Shield, download filelinked, open it and then enter that code. You will then see loads of apps, just choose the one you want to download.

No need to apologise either, we all had to learn once, anything else just give us a shout.

Last edited:
I have it set up for all my retro gaming. NES SNES MS MD MAME PSX almost 4000 games added to the directory.
Also have it connected to my plex server. but have neglected it since some of the apk's out there have improved so much i dont really have a need to keep my server updated.
The device is all consuming and can handle pretty much anything you throw at it. I have retrox now configured and a 256gb m.2 ssd connected as expandale storage. No complaints at all.

That's my next step, to get an SSD. At the minute I'm using a 128gb USB, which is fine for now. Starting to build a collection of ROMS for games, got all the main ones.

I pay for access to a Plex server, I did consider switching back to using the free apps as they are much better than they used to be, but I pay peanuts for the Plex access so it makes sense to keep that.

I find MAME to be the difficult one, I can never seem to find ones that work, always files missing or something, every other system is working fine.

there was a PC pased .iso file i got form a popular p2p site was advertised as 6666 in 1. the .iso included all the pc emulators and roms all in there own folders. i extracted all the roms and managed to get them onto my ssd and retrox have been playing them a treat. the only games retrox struggles with is psx. not sure if there is a setting i shoul dbe changing but often the psx gaes wont load. i have to use epsxe (or something). the mame you have to make sure you run the correct version of the emulator for the game....

I also paid for access to a plex server a while back but the updates are too slow. hence i stuck wth the APK's

Back