O2 - Virgin - Volt issues with 2nd sim

grog68

VIP Member
TK Supporter
Has anyone with the Volt benefits got 2 sims on their account? if so have you had any issues?

I switched to O2 about 6 months ago and got the Volt benefits added, at the start of March my wifes three contract ended and we switched her to O2 as well. 150GB for £25/month, half price for 6 months

I assumed the Volt benefits would be added to her sim automatically but it wasn't so I spoke to O2 and on 16th March got an email from Virgin confirming we can get Volt benefits and they will be applied within 14 days. 2 weeks later still not added, so again contact O2, they appologise and said it would be added within 14 days and they gave me £26 credit, great so first 2 months of sim has cost nothing. It was eventually added mid April and it was still applied on both accounts yesterday.

Today however I logged into my o2 and although the Volt was still applied to my sim, it was not showing on my wifes sim, it's no big deal as normally we don't use anywhere near that amount of data unless we go away, and even then we don't get close but hey, we're entitled to it then I want it LOL. So onto chat with O2 again and after about 40 minutes was told it needs to be re applied and will take 14 days but they will give me a credit of £20. I said no that's not good enough, it has been applied and they removed it so just put it back on, if you can't then let me speak to someone who can. On comes a 'superevisor' who basically repeats what the first person told me, I said don't bother, your in breech of contract as was sold the sims on the understanding I would get Volt so I will move to EE. He again appologised and offered me a £50 credit on my account and said it would definately be added within 14 days. Oh ok then I will accept that.

So basically sticking to my guns has got me 6 months o2 for £5. (6*12.50=£75)

I was just wondering if anyone else has had same issues with their 2nd sim and Volt benefits.

Has anyone with the Volt benefits got 2 sims on their account? if so have you had any issues?

I switched to O2 about 6 months ago and got the Volt benefits added, at the start of March my wifes three contract ended and we switched her to O2 as well. 150GB for £25/month, half price for 6 months

I assumed the Volt benefits would be added to her sim automatically but it wasn't so I spoke to O2 and on 16th March got an email from Virgin confirming we can get Volt benefits and they will be applied within 14 days. 2 weeks later still not added, so again contact O2, they appologise and said it would be added within 14 days and they gave me £26 credit, great so first 2 months of sim has cost nothing. It was eventually added mid April and it was still applied on both accounts yesterday.

Today however I logged into my o2 and although the Volt was still applied to my sim, it was not showing on my wifes sim, it's no big deal as normally we don't use anywhere near that amount of data unless we go away, and even then we don't get close but hey, we're entitled to it then I want it LOL. So onto chat with O2 again and after about 40 minutes was told it needs to be re applied and will take 14 days but they will give me a credit of £20. I said no that's not good enough, it has been applied and they removed it so just put it back on, if you can't then let me speak to someone who can. On comes a 'superevisor' who basically repeats what the first person told me, I said don't bother, your in breech of contract as was sold the sims on the understanding I would get Volt so I will move to EE. He again appologised and offered me a £50 credit on my account and said it would definately be added within 14 days. Oh ok then I will accept that.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had same issues with their 2nd sim and Volt benefits.
You only get it for the one sim we tried as me and missus has O2 and virgin and could only get it for the one to what we was told by virgin and O2 but not really fussed as we only pay £20 for our broadband and get over 500mbps.
Only downside is I get 1 gig of data as just upgraded my contract to phone also

You only get it for the one sim we tried as me and missus has O2 and virgin and could only get it for the one to what we was told by virgin and O2 but not really fussed as we only pay £20 for our broadband and get over 500mbps.
Only downside is I get 1 gig of data as just upgraded my contract to phone also
You only get the VM broadband boost once, but both O2 sims should get the double data.

I assumed the Volt benefits would be added to her sim automatically but it wasn't so I spoke to O2 and on 16th March got an email from Virgin confirming we can get Volt benefits and they will be applied within 14 days. 2 weeks later still not added,
grog-angry.gif

so again contact O2, they appologise and said it would be added within 14 days and they gave me £26 credit, great so first 2 months of sim has cost nothing.
grog-dance.gif

Today however I logged into my o2 and although the Volt was still applied to my sim, it was not showing on my wifes sim
grog-sad.gif

So onto chat with O2 again and after about 40 minutes was told it needs to be re applied and will take 14 days but they will give me a credit of £20. I said no that's not good enough, it has been applied and they removed it so just put it back on, if you can't then let me speak to someone who can.
grog-tumbleweed.gif

On comes a 'superevisor' who basically repeats what the first person told me, I said don't bother, your in breech of contract as was sold the sims on the understanding I would get Volt so I will move to EE. He again appologised and offered me a £50 credit on my account and said it would definately be added within 14 days. Oh ok then I will accept that.
grog-dance2.gif

grog-float.gif
grog-bedtime.gif

And yet again O2 have taken to double data (Volt benefit) off my 2nd sim. They are doing this every month it seems. oh well on phone again tomorrow, see if I can get another £50 credit. They will learn

oh well only £35 credit on my account this time, so got the sim early march, first 6 months half price at £13. so £78, so far had £100 credit, so first 6 months and most of 7th for free.

Wonder exactly how much credit they will give over the contract before they realise they would be better off actually fixing the issue.

I've got roughly the same deal as yourself. 60 gig on 2 sims and 30 on another 6 pounds a month each sim. The third sim can be upgraded to the 60 gig, but it very rarely uses. A gig. Don't have any issues, but wish I had given the large discounts. Good luck.... Paul

oh well only £35 credit on my account this time, so got the sim early march, first 6 months half price at £13. so £78, so far had £100 credit, so first 6 months and most of 7th for free.

Wonder exactly how much credit they will give over the contract before they realise they would be better off actually fixing the issue.
well a week later no credit received so phoned them again and they say they have no record of credit being offerred. Don't P*** Grog68 off. You won't like me when I'm angry LOL

well a week later no credit received so phoned them again and they say they have no record of credit being offerred. Don't P*** Grog68 off. You won't like me when I'm angry LOL
Teach you to go bragging on Public forums :sneaky: :ROFLMAO:

Back