OCTAGON SF8008 and skyq

Stevebox

Morning

I want to install both OCTAGON SF8008 and still use my current SkyQ Box

I currently have Skyq and am in contract until Feb 24.
but I wanted to start using the SF8008 in the meantime to see if I like it.

Here is a picture of my current lnb , would I need a new one, and if so which would work with both boxes at the same time, please?

also would ip tv or whatever its call to get free sky work with the sf8008

thumbnail_IMG_1522.jpg

Yes you need a hybrid lnb that will have sky q outputs and what as known as legacy outputs for old sky/sat boxes. If you get a normal lnb it will be a lot cheaper.
look on ebay. But you only have 2 cables from that dish so for your sky Q to work corectly you need 2 cables then another cable for the SF8008. If your handy just follow the route the sky q guy used ie attach your cable to his.

For iptv yes it will work but look over on iptv section loads of info.

Last edited:
I read somewhere that Sky Q will also work with Unicable II lnb's.

The octagon will also work with Unicable II Lnb's, so that could be another option for you, you can also get Unicable II with legacy outputs.

I read somewhere that Sky Q will also work with Unicable II lnb's.

The octagon will also work with Unicable II Lnb's, so that could be another option for you, you can also get Unicable II with legacy outputs.
Can you point me in the direction of this model please pref amazon? Assuming it will work with both Sky1 and SF808 at same time.

Just an example:

Code:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/DUR-line-UK-124-3L-Unicable-Weatherproof/dp/B09KY3ZBS3/ref=sr_1_14?crid=3J7RUO1XL1MR3&keywords=unicable+II+lnb&qid=1694686739&sprefix=unicable+ii+lnb,aps,129&sr=8-14

This has 3 legacy ports (3 universal lnb outputs) and 1x unicable output, which can be split to run upto 24 tuners.

You would also need a splitter like the one below so you can run 2 unicable feeds into the Sky Q box, but if you used a 4 or 8 way splitter you could use 2 feeds to the sf8008 and 2 for the Sky Q box, and still have the 3 legacy ports free for other sat boxes / tv's.

Code:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nartel®-Satellite-Splitter-Freesat-Freeview/dp/B08K19PWYM/ref=sr_1_4?crid=2ICB4F4H34AGK&keywords=satellite+splitter&qid=1694686689&sprefix=satellite+spliiter,aps,104&sr=8-4
or

Code:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Antiference-AS08-F-Type-Indoor-Splitter/dp/B00CQ4NRNK/ref=sr_1_5_mod_primary_new?crid=2Y624QELUEGMM&keywords=8+way+satellite+splitter&qid=1694687015&sbo=RZvfv%2F%2FHxDF%2BO5021pAnSA%3D%3D&sprefix=8+way+satellite+splitter%2Caps%2C79&sr=8-5

If you only have the sf8008 and Sky Q, then it maybe a bit over kill for your needs, but if you buy another sat box in the future or a tv with built in sat tuner, then you are future proofed and the cost is similar to a Hybrid lnb.

Hi all
I followed the will build instructions on the new box today but it’s now stuck on the boot screen ,I assume that this will now have to be reflashed with a usb?

IMG_1551.jpeg

IMG_1552.jpeg

Back