Octagon SF8008 V2 with Updated Hardware

AJP007

Hi Guys,
Am looking at the SF8008 to buy from our Sponsor and have a couple of Questions regarding this Box.
I now definitely know that it will accept ALL Micro SDXC Cards ALL Sizes from 32GB - 512GB
Octagon is officially selling the SF8008 with "SAN DISK" 200GB and 400GB Cards as an alternative to Extern HDD with Power Supply.
They are being Sold in Germany with the 200GB/400GB MicroSD directly from Octagon Dealers. So am assuming they must work.!

Secondly there is a V2 Edition with Updated Hardware and a few minor changes to the Rear. After many complaints.
Amongst other things the Tuners have been Modified and Updated changes made for both DVB Sat and Cable C/T2.!
Their release date was apparently 01. Feb 2020.
(see attach. Pic below) Top is Revised V2, bottom is Old V1.
The left Aerial for WIFI is now situated more towards the Center no longer above the Cable Tuner and Blocking the access to it.
But it has now been moved above and between the "SPDIF" and "AV Cinch" Connections.

So to my last and most important Question where to get this new Updated V2, price is still the same should be NO changes say Octagon Germany.
So should be around and available unless the Dealers are Holding them back to Sell Off Old Stock.
I have NOT seen any of the V2 Editions here in the UK. You Tube reviews are around since March 2020

I have asked our Sponsoe if they stock the V2 Editions waiting for reply.

Thanks for any Info and Tips
AJP

Attachments

• Octagon SF8008_Rear View Aerial Position_ Top Vers2_Bottom  Vers1_ Old.png
    Octagon SF8008_Rear View Aerial Position_ Top Vers2_Bottom Vers1_ Old.png
    495.8 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Update,
I have found a SF8008 V2 with Original 200gb sold to seller from Octagon Germany.
Seller tells me he cant operate it to its full potential so he wants to get rid of it.
5 weeks old and Original Receipt with Guarantee for nearly two Years.
Am Paying €96 incl. approx £84 incl.
As soon as the Box arrives I will Test the MicroSDXC and Report back.

see Pics attached.
Cheers
AJP

Attachments

• SF8008 V2 mit 200GB Memory-1.JPG
    SF8008 V2 mit 200GB Memory-1.JPG
    224 KB · Views: 73
  • SF8008 V2 mit 200GB Memory_2.JPG
    SF8008 V2 mit 200GB Memory_2.JPG
    247 KB · Views: 75
  • SF8008 V2 Modified Tuner Rear.jpg
    SF8008 V2 Modified Tuner Rear.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 76
Hi Guys, here some more Info's about the Octagon SF8008 WITH Internal HDD from the Octagon EU German Forum
two Pics attached of Motherboard
1. Motherboard WITHOUT HDD and
2. Motherboard WITH HDD

The parts needed to get it working
1. Step Down voltage converter mini 360 adjustable XD-45 MH DC 4.75-23V-> 1-17V 3A - €2,69
here the link - Step Down Spannungswandler mini 360 einstellbar XD-45 MH DC 4,75-23V->1-17V 3A | eBay

2. USB 2.0 to SATA adapter cable 22 pin for 2.5 "hard drive PC laptop HDD SSD - €5,56
here the link - USB 2.0 zu SATA Adapter Kabel 22 Pin Für 2,5" Festplatte PC Laptop HDD SSD | eBay

Connection instructions found the data sheet of the IC's.

I hope the Link is allowed IF not, Admin feel free to EDIT please. Thanks

Hope this helps, I am unfortunately equiped with two LEFT hands for this sort of work, I think a little Electronic Soldering is required.
Which I am NO good at, at ALL.

I would like to have this as well, BUT the prices in Germany are too expensive for such a solution.

If someone gets this done PLEASE Test and post results. Conflicting reports on German Boards.
Regarding Temperatures and over-Heating, but others are saying its OK the Heat tolerance IS acceptable.

Enjoy..regards AJP

Attachments

• 1.SF8008-Combo-SD_inside-Motherboard-WITHOUT-HDD-Connectors.jpg
    1.SF8008-Combo-SD_inside-Motherboard-WITHOUT-HDD-Connectors.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 63
  • 2.SF8008-Combo-SD inside-Motherboard-WITH-HDD-Connectors.jpg
    2.SF8008-Combo-SD inside-Motherboard-WITH-HDD-Connectors.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 64
  • Step-Down Voltage -Converter.jpg
    Step-Down Voltage -Converter.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 47
  • SATA-Adapter Cable.jpg