Octagon SF8008 Whats left on Sky

paulsco

Hi all, I bought an SF8008 a while back when 28.2 was supposed to be back, and it lasted a day or 2, it's been back in the box ever since, is it worth dusting down again and setting it up, what's left to view on 28.2 using a fixed sly dish and hybrid LNB?

Hi all, I bought an SF8008 a while back when 28.2 was supposed to be back, and it lasted a day or 2, it's been back in the box ever since, is it worth dusting down again and setting it up, what's left to view on 28.2 using a fixed sly dish and hybrid LNB?
If you could find a sub you could be watching SkyUK in SD via stream relay.

No problem using a Hybrid LNB and sky dish.

If you could find a sub you could be watching SkyUK in SD via stream relay.

No problem using a Hybrid LNB and sky dish.
Excuse my ignorance, I've been out of the loop for a good while, would this be all channels on SD or just FTA? I know where to ask for a sub but I'm not sure what "Stream Relay" refers to, can always google I guess, thanks.

Excuse my ignorance, I've been out of the loop for a good while, would this be all channels on SD or just FTA? I know where to ask for a sub but I'm not sure what "Stream Relay" refers to, can always google I guess, thanks.
All SD channels.

Basically, stream relay Icam unscrambles the encryption internally on the receiver with Oscam because the receivers' drivers can not. Then oscam passes it to the box as a stream.

This uses a direct sat signal from a dish and there is just about no delay while the receiver does this. You require a special channel list adding which is readily available.

Last edited:
All SD channels.

Basically, stream relay Icam unscrambles the encryption internally on the receiver with Oscam because the receivers' drivers can not. Then oscam passes it to the box as a stream.

This uses a direct sat signal from a dish and there is just about no delay while the receiver does this. You require a special channel list adding which is readily available.
Some are saying you need an original sly card, is this still the same?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah a Sandisk cruser blade, I'm not sure if this is the issue, I've managed to do a reset and I'm starting again, if it fails again it must be the USB.

Yeah a Sandisk cruser blade, I'm not sure if this is the issue, I've managed to do a reset and I'm starting again, if it fails again it must be the USB.
Stalling at 49 indicates a skin problem.
If you are given a choice of skins at the beginning, choose a low resolution skin

Ok cheers, I'm presuming that the Willow build is the best one at the moment, I've seen mentioned that its the only one that's updated?

Ok cheers, I'm presuming that the Willow build is the best one at the moment, I've seen mentioned that its the only one that's updated?
Willobuild is the only current build yes, other builds are based on openatv and won't work with anything modern, only old images

I think I've got it all set up now thanks, I'll just need to figure out what to ask for in the request supplier thread and where to put the lines again.

Back