Octagon SF8008 will not reboot

Yeah I am at the moment, however it doesn't detract from the fact that the rear port should work when trying to reboot, if I hit issues with the side USB later down the road then I don't have any available options.
Not sure if this is of any good but there is a multiboot plugin available and it gives info.

Multiboot FlashOnline supports all Enigma2 stb with the Multiboot option.

Supported stb: abpulse4k, abpulse4kmini, anadolmulti, anadolmultitwin, axmulticombo, axmultitwin, beyonwizv2, Gigablue gbquad4k - gbip4k - gbtrio4k - gbue4k, Zgemma h10 - h102h - h102s - h10combo - h11 - h112h - h11s - h7 - h9combo - h9twin - h9combose - h9se - h92hse -i55se, Mutant hd51 - hd60 - hd61, Ax51 - Ax60 - Ax61, Hd66, maxytecmulti, maxytecmultise, multibox, multiboxse, novaler4k, pulse4k, Octagon sf8008 - sf8008m - sf8008 Optima, ustym4kpro, viper4k, Edision Osmini4k, Osmio4k, Osmio4kPlus, Qviart Dual.

For stb with the latest recovery on board (eg: Sf8008 - GbTri4k)it is possible to create further Multiboot slots (2-4-6-8-10-12-14-16-18-20-22-24-26) by connecting an external MicroSd or PenDrive (Octagon sf8008m usb2 port only).
please note: Octagon sf8008m usb2 port only
it may only be able to boot from usb2 port

Or may be wrong because you said side port is usb3

Last edited:
please note: Octagon sf8008m usb2 port only
it may only be able to boot from usb2 port

Or may be wrong because you said side port is usb3
Thanks, looks like that references making additional multiboot slots by adding Micro sd or pen drive from the rear USB port.

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately I don't have another power supply with the same output/polarity. I don't really want to start buying additional supplies. If I can't resolve by the 21st June I am going to return the box to the vendor for testing.
Just look at the power supply and order another one they are like 15 bucks

@ronaldbiggs I've got the exact same issue.
Which isn't suprising really as I'm using the same box and latest Openvix and same size SSD hard drive.
I've not really looked into what's causing it though as I've not needed to restart it much.
It's weird though as it does seem to reboot as I could access the FTP if I remember correctly but the box stays on standby.

@ronaldbiggs I've got the exact same issue.
Which isn't suprising really as I'm using the same box and latest Openvix and same size SSD hard drive.
I've not really looked into what's causing it though as I've not needed to restart it much.
It's weird though as it does seem to reboot as I could access the FTP if I remember correctly but the box stays on standby.
Morning Steve,
Interesting to see that you are also in the same position, I have tried various images not just VIX so don't think it's an image issue. Are you using a powered external drive and how long have you had your box?

Now that you have said about being able access it via FTP makes me wonder if there is an issue somewhere else on the box, maybe Hdmi CEC? , Only a thought, I will take a look tonight a change a few options etc

Morning Steve,
Interesting to see that you are also in the same position, I have tried various images not just VIX so don't think it's an image issue. Are you using a powered external drive and how long have you had your box?

Now that you have said about being able access it via FTP makes me wonder if there is an issue somewhere else on the box, maybe Hdmi CEC? , Only a thought, I will take a look tonight a change a few options etc
Morning mate,
No mines not powered just a laptop 3.5 SSD with a sata to usb adaptor, and only had this box 2 weeks and been great so far besides this.
It could possibly be the CEC interfering I will look also when I get time as I do have that enabled.
I'm now wanting to change a few things like the front led to turn red when recording which I think is in the firmware and changing some wording on the epg to make it more family friendly which I think is skin but I've not decided which skin to use yet so not fully looked.
Does your epg load instantly btw ? I could do with it a little faster it's not slow just not as snappy as I'd like.

Morning mate,
No mines not powered just a laptop 3.5 SSD with a sata to usb adaptor, and only had this box 2 weeks and been great so far besides this.
It could possibly be the CEC interfering I will look also when I get time as I do have that enabled.
I'm now wanting to change a few things like the front led to turn red when recording which I think is in the firmware and changing some wording on the epg to make it more family friendly which I think is skin but I've not decided which skin to use yet so not fully looked.
Does your epg load instantly btw ? I could do with it a little faster it's not slow just not as snappy as I'd like.
Thanks for the reply, I know you have options with the box menus to change the front panel brightness etc but haven't looked if this can be done for the LED whilst recording, would be handy to have that option. When I go to the EPG initially it takes a couple of seconds to load but after that it's instant, my EPG is stored on the HDD, I have disabled the spin down on that otherwise the disc has to spin back up when using the EPG I would assume.
I don't know if there is a bigger issue with the boxes, in regards to the lack of rebooting, I also don't know if we can mention the vendor on this thread but feel free to PM me the vendor in case you intend to go back to them with this issue, it might bolster the case if more than 1 request comes through for the same issue. I have already spoken to the vendor and intend to return mine if I cannot resolve the issue
In regards to changing the wording on the EPG what were you thinking of changing ?

Thanks for the reply, I know you have options with the box menus to change the front panel brightness etc but haven't looked if this can be done for the LED whilst recording, would be handy to have that option. When I go to the EPG initially it takes a couple of seconds to load but after that it's instant, my EPG is stored on the HDD, I have disabled the spin down on that otherwise the disc has to spin back up when using the EPG I would assume.
I don't know if there is a bigger issue with the boxes, in regards to the lack of rebooting, I also don't know if we can mention the vendor on this thread but feel free to PM me the vendor in case you intend to go back to them with this issue, it might bolster the case if more than 1 request comes through for the same issue. I have already spoken to the vendor and intend to return mine if I cannot resolve the issue
In regards to changing the wording on the EPG what were you thinking of changing ?
Yeah we would have got it from the same place as I think there's only 1 supplier in the UK for this box.
I bought the pre configured box with my region set etc
I might drop them a email as they are quite helpful.
I've also got spin down turned off as that's mainly for standard hard drives not ssds.
Basically at the moment I'm still a Sky Q subscriber and bought this box to test and we've realised we don't really watch maybe sky channels so I was thinking of changing the wording to make it simliar like series link , planner , recordings etc.
I did buy a nice universal remote control from Amazon that looks just like the sky q one and that's learnt the button presses from the octagon one, I don't suppose you know anything about button mapping as I have a issue with play/pause and stop with it ?

Yeah we would have got it from the same place as I think there's only 1 supplier in the UK for this box.
I bought the pre configured box with my region set etc
I might drop them a email as they are quite helpful.
I've also got spin down turned off as that's mainly for standard hard drives not ssds.
Basically at the moment I'm still a Sky Q subscriber and bought this box to test and we've realised we don't really watch maybe sky channels so I was thinking of changing the wording to make it simliar like series link , planner , recordings etc.
I did buy a nice universal remote control from Amazon that looks just like the sky q one and that's learnt the button presses from the octagon one, I don't suppose you know anything about button mapping as I have a issue with play/pause and stop with it ?
Yep going to be the same place in regards to vendor. In regards to button mapping, if you look on the back of the Octagon remote there are instructions for the button mapping, initially used to enable the Octagon remote to power the TV on/off, the same instructions also work for other buttons with alternative functions ( however I assume you have already done that if you have programmed the new control) I believe there are options within the box menu for button mapping as well

I had this problem when l got the sf8008 some time ago and the problem was solved by using a USB 2 device in the rear USB 2 Port. Instead of the USB 3 device l was trying to use in the rear USB 2 rear port.
Morning, thanks for the reply my understanding is that USB 3 is backward compatible with USB 2 obviously running at the slower speed. USB 3 might also require more power from the port (not an issue as it's externally powered). Obviously the drive is recognised and initialized from the USB 2 port just the reboot issue.
Although it's a possible workaround surely that's not the norm to specify USB 2 devices only from the rear port ?

Back