Octagon SF8008

I don't know. There are driver issues with UK cable at the moment so I don't think it will be until that is sorted, which may take up to a week.

I think Octagon Germany have sorted the driver issue with UK cable and it will be implemented and tested soon.
You can reflash with ViX at a later date.

As it has a twin tuner, can you record 1 channel on virmin and watch another using dvb-c/t2 tuner?

Currently I have a vu solo V2 se and I can achieve the above, so if I swap boxes want to make sure its possible.

It has two different tuner types, so you can only do that on the DVB mode if on the same frequency/quadrant.

I.e
If you are watching satellite, it i s a single satellite tuner. So same rules apply, i.e you can view/record/stream all the channels on that transponder. You can however watch/record any channel on cable.
If you are Cable/terrestrial channel (depending on connection and config), it i s a single hybrid tuner. So same rules apply, i.e you can view/record/stream all the channels on that frequncy. You can however watch/record any channel on satellite.

Since when did octagon fall out with those people who have a rival forum and a 2 year warranty?

What? We are all working towards the same goal, it doesn't matter who you are or what forum you're from if I can help you then I will help you.

For a start off, I wasn't talking to you.
Secondarily, I was referring to the fact that there was no vix firmware for an octagon box - they ordinarily came with vix from a rival forum/shop, this one doesn't, and was enquiring what had happened between them.
I think most if us are members on multiple forums, I am not sure what your substantive point is.

I don't think there was a ViX build initially because there were driver issues which have now been sorted for the most part.
Maybe things have changed in their shop but now the buyer gets to choose what firmware is installed or it is shipped with the default factory image.

For a start off, I wasn't talking to you.
Secondarily, I was referring to the fact that there was no vix firmware for an octagon box - they ordinarily came with vix from a rival forum/shop, this one doesn't, and was enquiring what had happened between them.
I think most if us are members on multiple forums, I am not sure what your substantive point is.
If you didn't want a reply why didn't you send your friend a private message? this is a forum. for everybody to see and learn from.

how did you get the idea that someone had fallen out with somebody else?

If you didn't want a reply why didn't you send your friend a private message? this is a forum. for everybody to see and learn from.

how did you get the idea that someone had fallen out with somebody else?
I think I kind of get that this is a forum, i have been around a while.
I asked a question - which you quoted, but didn't answer, or attempt to answer. however @Willo3092 has put forward his theory, which makes sense, so there may not have been any sort of falling out.

Am I right in saying then, as I use two sat feeds, one for watching and one for recording from astra that the sf8008 is not for me. it did interest for the features.

Willo3092 correct, I have found a SF8008 with two sat tuners for a small price increase above the standard one. I am a bit concerned it comes with openatv which I may have problems using my cline (starts with CWS) and usually mgcamd 1.38, I hear it may be difficult to insert. Not as simple as FTP mg-cfg and newcamd.list into usr/keys. What do you reckon.

Back