Oculus Quest 2

Just stumbled upon Return to Castle Wolfenstein in VR lol (blast from the past)
I notice that if you want to move forward quickly (run) in FPS's you need to be standing (which nearly toppled me over lol)
There is a solution :)
(Settings/ experimental features/ raise view/ enable)
You'll need to enable this evey time you reset the boundary guardian. :)

Reactions: m4u
Had an Oculus but gave me headaches and sold it
When i first got it, after a short while i too could feel the makings of a headache, but the more i used it, the longer i could go before having to need a break.
The motion sickness is another story lol. My advice would be, try it before you invest.
I'm ok with most videos (not rollercoasters) and ok with flying games. First person shooters are hard work. :)

Reactions: m4u
When i first got it, after a short while i too could feel the makings of a headache, but the more i used it, the longer i could go before having to need a break.
The motion sickness is another story lol. My advice would be, try it before you invest.
I'm ok with most videos (not rollercoasters) and ok with flying games. First person shooters are hard work. :)
My friend has one still so I'll try theirs when I can. But I could only be on it for 30mins. Before getting symptoms mentioned.

Aim XR is a good FPS, also Tennis League VR and KillerPool are good fun. :)

Just tried Izzy's Beach Volleyball. What a pair ;) you can even have a grope when she introduces herself. lol

(All on Applab)

Do you have to "chip", "hack", or otherwise your occulus?
My mates kids have one, and it'd be great to get some extra games for them.

Register as a developer on the Oculus account associated with your Quest.

In order to use your Quest in Developer Mode (which is required for sideloading), you’ll need to register as a developer organization first.

Visit this page and make sure you’re logged into the same Oculus account that your Quest is registered to. Enter a new organization name and tick the ‘I understand’ box to agree to the Oculus Terms of Service.

Enable Developer Mode on your Quest.

Now that you’re registered as a developer, you’ll be able to enable Developer Mode on your Quest. You can do this through the Oculus app, with the phone that is linked to your Oculus account/your Oculus Quest.

Open the Oculus app on your phone, with your Quest turned on so it can connect to the app, and then:

1. Tap ‘Settings’ in the bottom right

2. Locate your Oculus Quest listed in the Settings tab, and make sure it reads ‘Connected. (If the app can’t connect to your Quest, you may need to top on the Quest in settings to try and manually make the app connect. If it still can’t connect, make sure your Quest is turned on, and your phone has Bluetooth and WiFi turned on as well)

3. Tap on the arrow button next to your device, to reveal more options

4. Tap the ‘More Settings’ button

5. Tap on ‘Developer Mode’

6. Flick the switch to On instead of Off

7. Fully reboot your Quest – hold down the power button on the side and select ‘Power Off’ or ‘Restart’. You Quest should fully reboot in order to properly start in Developer Mode.

After rebooting, your Quest should be in Developer Mode.

I've just sideloaded a few, all good although one's menu's were in some foreign language lol.
They're to be found in apps/ unknown sources. :)

I've just sideloaded a few, all good although one's menu's were in some foreign language lol.
They're to be found in apps/ unknown sources. :)
Are you side loading them via the above method, or just putting them on an SD card?

i dont have the quest2 but i have and use the rift s ,,, google maps is a blast in vr ,,,, i have spent most evenings on flight sim 2020 in vr , fantastic, the quest run these games with an additional cable connected to the pc which needs to be a decent spec, im using an i7 9700 with a gtx 1080 and 32gb ram ,,, stutters now and a gain but very enjoyable.

Are you side loading them via the above method, or just putting them on an SD card?
one you have enabled developer mode on the quest.On the pc download Rookie sideloader then connect the quest to the pc and the program should find the quest.You might need to install adb drivers on the pc.

Rookie Sideloader setup guide
There are other sideloaders for games but rookie have the games from the Quest store

Back