Ok what should I do?

djkross

Ok here's the story I come home from shopping and find a sly tv van outside my house, then the neighbour knocks on the door asking to use my satellite, then I realise the sly man has already ripped my quad lnb of my satellite and replaced it with a Octo lnb and rewired to my neighbour. Then he goes to his van, then comes up saying he has to reset my neighbours box. What should I do? Leave it? Ask for them to put a new satellite up for my neighbour? I have already asked for my quad lnb which he has gave my! I need help as I'm using a n/c line and my neighbour is using real sly! Thanks and I respect your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
they have no right to use your dish. Tell them to f*** off and put a dish up for your neighbour and reinstate your dish to how it was. Bloody cheek.

That's what I was thinking he has now left but told the neighbour that she has 30 days to ring them and change it ( I think ) I was really worried about the n/c line and real sky of the 1 satellite, that's my property! And then asking to reset their box?

Hi mate
do not worry a bout cline or nline , just problem will be in signal if your signal is good then this will not cause you any problems
regards

That's what I was thinking he has now left but told the neighbour that she has 30 days to ring them and change it ( I think ) I was really worried about the n/c line and real sky of the 1 satellite, that's my property! And then asking to reset their box?

It should not be a problem as what box you have is your buisiness. If they ask you just say you only have freesat. All you need to do if you let them in is to disconect your eithernet cable to disable the line you have installed.

Ok thanks every1 I seem a lot happier now XD, as I don't mind sharing my sat! As I now have a Octo lnb of which I can run more boxes if I was to and I have also told neighbour about what I do and they seem to wanna go the same way as me. :relieve: so I have to remember to unplug my Ethernet!

Only thing is I think the sat guy blatantly knew what I am up to.

Last edited:
Sky engineer do not need to go into your property to align a dish up. But they should also not be using your dish for someone else's property. Its your dish not sky's so I would get my ladder out and disconnect your neighbour's cable from your dish and tell then to ring Sky and the by law the octo lnb is your too now its been fitted to your property.

did he forget is drill or something. But that carry on is not on and Sky will be very annoyed to find out that there engineer as done that too.

What if you wanted to point the dish to a different satellite cause you want to watch 3 o'clock footy on hotbird don't think your neighbour would be to happy when there tv goes off. LOL

Na lol, I didn't think about that as I was thinking about getting a sat motor to try other sats. Oh we'll we will wait it I get the motor then change sat and say well you better get onto sky then XD

They need to do it now not wait as the engineer is contracted to sky, otherwise they will have to pay for sky to do it for then. cause as for as sky know he as fitted your neighbour a dish to there property which is part of the contract they agreed too with sky.

We'll I might wait to get a motor anyway as footy is mainly streamed on Internet. So as it lays I'm ok there ok, and any problems they will have to sort out as the neighbour is ok.

Just wondering would that mean they would be able to cancel their sub?

cousin had the same issue years ago with a bad signal problem was engineer got mixed up with what sat dish belonged to what house,he scratched his head as dish was moved 45 degrees and still a perfect signal lol.if you got the octo well done and if neighbour ony wants 2 feeds you have six more.not a big deal if you get on with neighbours.dont start messing with internet lan cables.
anybody can have a sat dish freedom of choice and if you want add a motorised sat dish and you can have a fixed and chooseable feeds.

We'll I might wait to get a motor anyway as footy is mainly streamed on Internet. So as it lays I'm ok there ok, and any problems they will have to sort out as the neighbour is ok.

Just wondering would that mean they would be able to cancel their sub?

The Sky contract as not been full filled, but they have to tell sky about it.

Reading the sky contract the only time an engineer can fit a new install without a dish is if its a communal satellite system. or they your neighbour already as there own minidish. They should not be using yours am afraid. It doesn't matter how well you get on with your neighbour, when the time come's and you want a movable dish then you will fallout with your neighbour cause they will not want to pay £120 for a new dish setup.

Last edited:
Hi djkross,

I agree with what most have said here. Although this won't cause you or your neighbour any technical issues (unless you decide to motorise your dish), and you have potentially gained some extra outputs on your LNB (I say potentially as what happens if you come home another day and your neighbour suddenly has multi-room or something), it is just a bad and unnessary idea.

Sure, you get on well with your neighbour but what if they move? What if you decide to have some work done meaning your dish needs relocating? What if you move and leave your neighbour connected to a dish on someone else's house who decide to remove it as they don't want sky or are having renovations done etc? It just makes sense to me for your neighbour to get SKY to send a decent engineer out to install their own dish, at no extra cost, to avoid all these potential future problems. I could understand if it's saving them/you money, but it's not. Good luck.

If you agree to have Sky then they supply box, dish, Lnb, full fittings and fixture, end of story under their own terms if they fail in their offerings you are entitled to an engineer visit plus free period for any inconvenience [phone and say the engineer changed the lnb whilst your free sat was running and now its knackered and you want some compensation---watch them move]
Reaper.

Although i agree its not right if you get on with your neighbour its probably best left as it is. If they do move just disconnect their cable yourself and plead ignorance.

Back