old tree stump removal by yourself

cactikid

VIP Member
Sometimes in life, we have to do things that are just plain boring. Doing the dishes, studying for a test in a subject we dislike or taking out the garbage are activities that many of us would rather not be doing. But as a fully-functional adult, I’m here to tell you that these things simply need to be done and we should just grin and bear it.

So when it comes to doing an activity that is somewhat tedious, we usually are left with two options: pay money for someone else to do it, or we could roll up our sleeves, save a couple of bucks and do it ourselves. The man in the video below, Marsh Rat, decided that he would do the latter, and we’re entirely grateful for that fact. Why? Because his genius DIY hack for getting rid of unwanted tree stumps is golden!

First, he drills several small holes into the tree stump and fills it with vegetable oil. Then, he adds charcoal in a bag onto the stump, covers it once again in vegetable oil and sets it on fire. He continues this process several times over a period of a few days until finally, the stump has completely burned away!

Now, of course, this method takes quite a bit of time and energy, but at the end of the day, you’re saving your hard earned cash for something a little more fun! Win? I think so!

Check out the video below to see how Marsh got rid of the tree on his own! If you agree that this DIY hack is a life and money saver, be sure to share it with your family and friends. And if you decide to give it a go, let us know your results in the comments!

image: http://www.metaspoon.com/wp-content/themes/truepixel/images/fb_share_big_button.png

I've done something similar in the past,
except with diesel/paraffin
keep soaking it every day for about a fortnight

Don't waste your money on vegetable oil/charcoal/diesel and then have to wait for god knows how long or if it will work, just call the tree stump guy and get a price.

Don't waste your money on vegetable oil/charcoal/diesel and then have to wait for god knows how long or if it will work, just call the tree stump guy and get a price.

where is the fun in that?

lets just ring up sly/vermin and get a price for some tv channels,,,,, ;)

personally my method of choice is a suitable charge of dynamite.hasnt failed me yet.lol.little obvious in the city tho.

Dig around it and get the main root, or hire a stump grinder. Better than putting crap in to the soil that will kill anything in it.

Back