One hit wonders where are they now?

moh

Deleted, at user's request.
The Cardigans, "Lovefool"

It was 1996 and "Romeo and Juliet" was topping the box office. Claire and Leo fell in tragic love to the tune of that infectious Swedish bubble-gum pop "Lovefool" (actually, that was a pretty sweet soundtrack all around). But even a song that catchy can't sustain a career, and soon the only Cardigans we had use for were sweaters. So where are they now?

The Cardigans have continued to release albums and tour. So far, they've been unable to recreate the success of their album First Band on the Moon.

“What’s Up?” - 4-Non Blondes (1993)
This became an anthemic and existential Generation X piece in 1993 with Linda Perry’s famous grainy voice singing about praying, cathartic crying, and shouting at the top of her lungs: “hey, hey, hey, what’s going on?” Luckily for them, the song still gets rotation on the radio.

“What’s Up?” - 4-Non Blondes (1993)
This became an anthemic and existential Generation X piece in 1993 with Linda Perry’s famous grainy voice singing about praying, cathartic crying, and shouting at the top of her lungs: “hey, hey, hey, what’s going on?” Luckily for them, the song still gets rotation on the radio.

4 Non Blondes split after only one album, and lead singer Linda Perry embarked on a solo career as a singer and producer. Other members have also pursued solo work.

Thanks for that moh, I just pasted the above from a music site lol

But I always liked that song ;)

ya same here the wonder of the net lol copy and paste is the best invention ever lol lol

Yeah.....anytime I get nostalgic, I just wait for VH1 to come out with another retro countdown. It's amazing hearing some of the stories....a few of them including their own kids didn't know they were in a group!!

roflmao Oh yeah.....the "Bands Re-United" shows. I can't remember which group it was, but the lead singer said he had to go online to print out the lyrics....as he couldn't remember them!! roflmao

There were a few of them rtm.....guess where boy george is lol

If your wondering where Ton- Loc is he's right next to me in the Yellow :grin: LOL He's still doing his two Hits "Funky cold medina" And Wild Thing" this was about 3 weeks ago.

3673594353_11333a303b.jpg

Back